• Software
  • Komplete Kontrol updated to 1.9.1
2017/09/30 13:30:54
cclarry
Run Native Access or SC to update

1.9.1 — 2017-09-28
  • After updating KOMPLETE KONTROL or installing a new KOMPLETE or NKS instrument, run KOMPLETE KONTROL as a stand-alone application before using it as a plug-in
  • When running the stand-alone version of KOMPLETE KONTROL for the first time, open Preferences > MIDI and enable all MIDI input ports for the KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series keyboard
  • For host integration setup, refer to the online KOMPLETE KONTROL documentation. KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series MK1 users MUST replace their Ableton Live scripts for Ableton Live integration to function correctly with KOMPLETE KONTORL 1.9.1
ADDED Support for KOMPLETE KONTROL S49 and S61 MK2
  • Support for KOMPLETE KONTROL S49 and S61 MK2 hardware
  • Deep integration with on-screen feedback in Logic Pro X, Ableton Live, and GarageBand
ADDED Instrument Previews
  • Preview Native Instruments and Native Kontrol Standard Instrument Presets
  • Requires the Native Browser Preview Library (available as a separate download in Native Access)
FIXED Dominant 9 and Quartal Chord Types no longer cause intermittent freezes 
2017/09/30 14:20:39
smallstonefan
Sold my 61 and am waiting on a new 49 MkII - pretty excited about it!
2017/09/30 18:47:46
Fleer
For a number of reasons (see Hardware forum) I'm hanging on to my Mk1.
Will get the 37-key Mk2 with recording interface (already included in Maschine) as soon as it's launched ;)
2017/09/30 19:24:30
Glyn Barnes
The instrument previews could be a game changer for auditioning Kontakt libraries in particular. I hope it works with the Mk1 boards.
2017/10/01 03:08:02
cecelius2
NI indicates that the Preview Library feature will be available for Mk1.  See this:
https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/native-browser-preview-library-with-update-1-9-1.321630/

2017/10/01 20:33:19
msorrels
This new Komplete Kontrol seems to hang when scanning plugins using iLok protection.  I've got the most recent version of iLok License Manager but for some reason Komplete Kontrol hangs (inside the iLok code) on EastWest Play, iZotope RX 4 and Exponential Audio R2.  All of them are using my hardware iLok and all are slightly older in one way or another.  I'm running Play 4.3.5 since 5.x has issues and RX4 is just older (my other iZotope plugins seem to scan in Komplete Kontrol OK).  Every time it gets to one of them it just hangs.  Other apps don't seem to have a problem with these plugins (SONAR/Abelton/Reaper) but Komplete Kontrol seems to hang every time.  Anyone else having a problem with Komplete Kontrol's plugin scanner?
2017/10/02 00:52:06
cclarry
I just ran it for the first time, and it scanned and then crashed on UVI Workstation.
I tried running it again, and it wouldn't run.  Opened the task manager, and it was 
showing as still running.  I ended the task, and then re-ran it, and it completed the scan, however
everything wasn't showing up.  I then had to re-run it, and it scanned everything, including
iLok apps.  I guess "Third time's the charm" applies here...

It also told me, after getting it to run, that I need to install the Library update thing
if I wanted to use the new "Instrument Preview" feature, and told me to open Native
Access and install it.  I opened Native Access and there was nothing there, and the
preview does not work...so don't know what's going on with that..I'll have to dig into it.
2017/10/02 01:12:20
msorrels
They are rolling that preview piece out slowly or something.  Some nonsense on their forum.  It won't be available for most people to download just yet.

https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/native-browser-preview-library-availability.321632/

2017/10/02 02:19:31
Fleer
cecelius2
NI indicates that the Preview Library feature will be available for Mk1.  See this:
https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/native-browser-preview-library-with-update-1-9-1.321630/

Schweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
But what's this about the S61 being "brighter" with the S88 power adapter?
2017/10/05 18:17:20
Glyn Barnes
Updated Kontakt and Komplete Kontrol without any of the issues reported elsewhere. But I do use the default paths for the DLLs etc.

I was sent a serial number for Native Preview and I downloaded and installed it. There were a couple of error messages on installation, I suspect there are a few corrupt preview files but it all seems to be working. I am liking this a lot, browsing in Komplete Kontrol I only have to click on a preset to get an idea of how it sounds. Its working not only for the NI stuff but also the OTS Guitars, Arturia V collection, The AAS modeling collection and XILS 4.

The previews do not seem to be triggered when scrolling through presets on my S61 which is a shame.

But it looks good for the first itteration.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account