2017/10/09 19:39:21
ØSkald
bapu
Jarsve
You could hear in SD2 that it wasn't real drums.
Øyvind skald

Øyvind,

You do know that SD2 was made of samples from hitting real drums, right?

I know. But cymbals doesn't just have one sound. There is 1000nds of variations of hitting a cymbal and a drum. And i hear it sound mechanical when there isn't enough variation. SD3 for me has enough for now. Maybe for a long time.
2017/10/09 20:45:41
bapu
Just pulling your chain(mail) Øyvind,
2017/10/09 20:58:46
ØSkald
bapu
Just pulling your chain(mail) Øyvind,

yeah. lol
2017/10/10 03:41:44
bitflipper
I agree. The cymbals do sound better in SD3. There are more of them to choose from and they are more naturally responsive to velocity than in SD2. I'm sure there will be many other things I'll like about SD3, but it was the cymbals that stood out on first audition.
2017/10/10 09:57:31
ProjectM
bitflipper
You gotta bleed to create Art.

And natural-sounding faux-drum tracks. The only things missing from those 50 GB of bleed samples is passing trucks and noisy neighbors.

You can always spice up your drum bleed with these sounds: http://freesound.org/peop./Robinhood76/packs/4036/ or these http://www.audiomicro.com/free-sound-effects/free-human
2017/10/11 16:41:18
wst3
Ima gonna have to stop reading these threads.

I'm perfectly happy with SD2.

I have no reason to upgrade to SD3.

I am happy!

Yeah...

you guys are killing me, or at least my wallet!
2017/10/11 17:20:05
stm113cw
I'm LOVING SD3, I've only downloaded 2 of the Libraries. I figure I'll wait on the rest for when I'm ready to mix, right now I am in preproduction. One thing I'm not loving is the ride, to me it's missing something. Something else, I never had SD before this but I recall seeing kits with a crap ton of cymbals, but not so with SD3 and I'd like to have a separate Bell not just the one on the ride.

That being said, this thing is light years beyond AD2 and SSD4 (which I always loved) I don't know that I'll need another drum software again.

p.s. As I said above I am in preproduction on some projects, one I am going to program drums, I've had great success thus far with the midi grooves and the midi editor. Another project we are going to use a TD 20 just to record the midi and another we're going to do the drums but since we don't have all the gear we're just going to worry about getting clean tracks to import to the tracker and let it do its thang. I'm excited about this, I just wish it came out when I was 30 not 40, I'll easily spend the rest of my life finding reasons to record just to use it.
2017/10/11 21:19:11
bitflipper
Honestly, Bill, I could have easily held off on the upgrade for a few months because I, too, am quite content with SD2. I'm still using it in several in-progress projects and it never ceases to impress with its versatility. The only reason I went for the upgrade now is that I'll soon have need of its drum-replacer feature.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account