2012/06/21 12:16:40
tomixornot
cclarry,

By design, step generator will sync to the tempo. It's like an automated arpeggiator that you can define the steps. So, if song tempo changes, the steps played need to change as well. I think you cannot turn off the sync with full Rapture as well.

If you're using this patch as some atmospheric effect, you may have to sample the note for playback (align the note properly first for full attack). I think DropZone handles sampling, which I have not tried.

2012/06/21 13:36:00
cclarry
tomixornot

cclarry,

By design, step generator will sync to the tempo. It's like an automated arpeggiator that you can define the steps. So, if song tempo changes, the steps played need to change as well. I think you cannot turn off the sync with full Rapture as well.

If you're using this patch as some atmospheric effect, you may have to sample the note for playback (align the note properly first for full attack). I think DropZone handles sampling, which I have not tried.

I guess that was my point.  WHY would they TIE an instrument to a project, rather then make it an independent entity?

There should be "Tempo" setting in Rapture so that it can be set independently of the project.  That way the project "Tempo"
won't cut off notes, and it NEVER SHOULD...EVER, regardless of situation.  That's VERY POOR, VERY LAZY, software design.
In my opinion, THAT is FLAW in the instrument.   When playing an instrument EXTERNAL situations shouldn't interfere with "INTERNAL" operations.

That makes for good software design.  Cake decided to "save some programming time" and MONEY and just link it to the project.  I can see
setting the TEMPO to sync with the project. but the TEMPO itself should be ENTIRELY independent, and that "link" should NEVER OVERIDE the instrument attack or sound, which should be based SOLELY on the NOTES AND VELOCITIES PLAYED.

I've NEVER used a piece of software that did this.....that's like playing in band and every time the drummer hits the bass drum my guitar chord
goes silent....it DEFEATS THE PURPOSE!!!

But, I'm sure others will sing it's praises....what do I know anyways?  
2012/06/22 02:30:25
tomixornot

cclarry,

Good news!
I was playing around with the patch further. You can set sync off. At the STEP screen, there is a "Sync" setting. You need to set it off for each element 1 to 6. Click each E1..E6 and turn sync off will do.

The full attack can be obtained now, regardless where you start playing.

Cheers!
2012/06/24 08:25:06
cclarry
tomixornot

cclarry,

Good news!
I was playing around with the patch further. You can set sync off. At the STEP screen, there is a "Sync" setting. You need to set it off for each element 1 to 6. Click each E1..E6 and turn sync off will do.

The full attack can be obtained now, regardless where you start playing.

Cheers!

Thanx tomixornot...

I had already tried that.  When you set Sync to off...YES you do get the full attack....BUT you lose the sub-steps...
and that is the part that makes the song what it is.  

I'm pretty bummed about the whole thing....but it is what is is....

Maybe the next update of Rapture will fix this...one can hope...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account