2012/06/27 12:39:54
logan86
So I was wondering, does anyone else have the rather critical problem with Beatscape that the loops all play in a really glitchy and buggy way. They sound great, but you can clearly hear little pops and other artefacts as the loops are playing and it just makes it all totally unusable. So does anyone else have any experience of this problem and how to get around it? I'm using Sonar 8.5.3 Producer 64 bit on Windows 7 64 bit. Thanks everyone
2012/06/27 14:10:51
Fog
could be the loops , if not your sound card setup.

I never understand why folk don't use RXP instead :)

2012/06/27 14:50:46
dubdisciple
I think people try to use Beatscape because the written description of it sounds like it would be just what they need. At first glance it comes across as a MPC type sampler/drum machine/sequencer that can mangle the hell out of loops, but in practice it's not great at any of the above. RXP seems like a simple REX file player but it's much more functional and more powerful than it seems at first glance.
2012/06/27 15:06:53
logan86
Well really I want to use it because it comes with all of those awesome drum loops, and for me creating interesting drums is one of the most challenging aspects of making a new track. But I only want to use it for the convenience. If there is some other program that will allow me to use the loops that come with Beatscape then I would love to know what it is and how to actually load the loops into it. I know that I have RXP installed but I've never really figured out how to use it. Can I load the loops, or even multiple loops, directly into that program and use them like that?
2012/06/27 15:15:11
Fog
well you can use the same loops in RXP  , drag / drop the midi into sonar..

you don't speak of your soundcard set up. that could be the issue.. or simply what you have done with the loops.. transients etc can be issues with RX2's (I use recycle)

with rxp you will need to use multiple ones of it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWI-cuStRQA

2012/06/27 15:16:33
dubdisciple
The loops in Beatscape are awesome. I have used them for several commercial projects. I'm not discouraging you from using Beatscape even though i have not found it to be useful as a composition tool. FYI, you don't need to use Beatscape to use the loops. The files can be played in RXP or even Dimension : http://blog.cakewalk.com/...nt-in-sonar-x1-part-1/ and http://blog.cakewalk.com/...-x1-part-2-prochannel/ I saved the location of the beatscape content as a favorite in my media browser and use them all the time
2012/06/27 15:20:43
logan86
Thank you so much both of you, I will certainly try both of those methods immediately. Thanks guys :)
2012/06/27 15:35:06
dubdisciple
Good luck!
2012/06/27 15:35:43
dubdisciple
Oh yeah..never tried it, but I'm sure the matrix view will also load those files directly
2012/06/27 16:22:48
logan86
Well I tried to load them into dimension pro, but I couldn't figure out how. How would I actually load a preset of my own into the program if it's not in the dimension media library browser window my default? Also I tried the RXP thing and it seems to work great apart from one problem... If I load a loop into RXP, it sounds great. If I then drag it into the project window from RXP it still sounds great and plays fine. But then if I load up a second instance of RXP with another loop, and try to get both tracks to play at the same time, the sound level meter immediately jumps up 99.9 and causes crackling and then the audio engine stops itself. It also seems that even when only one instance of RXP should be playing, both still try to begin playing at the same time. Also just to let you know I'm using a MOTU Ultralite Mk3 hybrid over firewire and ASIO drivers.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account