• Software
  • The holy grail of LESLIE VST - really
2015/01/24 14:13:13
jimkleban
Not sure if this has been mentioned here but PSP has released L'otary, I have D/Led and demo'ed and wanted to share that this is the best LESLIE SIM I have ever heard.  I recently read here about MELDA sim and demo'ed it.... it was better than AMPLITUBE's effect, than in my follow up research saw PSP's offering.

The thing is AMAZING, it sounds as good as my real leslie (actually better) and its ROOM (space) sounds are spot on.  They even have the leslie noise (that is adjustable) just in case you like to hear that amplified, spinning rotor sound added to the output.

So, if you have any DI'ed type sampled organ VST or just want to run vocals or guitar tracks through a LESLIE... this is the ONE.  Finally, after all these years, someone NAILED this missing link.

Jim

PS - warning - the thing is a CPU hog in its current form.
2015/01/24 14:19:02
subtlearts
Cool. Intrigued! Going to demo it. It's the weak point of many organ sims - sort of almost there but just not quite. I mean, once you've played through a real one you realize what a task it is to simulate it - you're just never going to approximate the sheer power and experience of it, but technology marches ever on...
2015/01/24 14:55:51
SilkTone
It does sound really good. Definitely a CPU hog though, even the UI updates become very choppy. I hope they fix it.
2015/01/24 15:12:10
jimkleban
Silk Tone... I know this goes against every PC tweak you have ever done (Me as well), that is to get latency as low as possible... so during mixing, turn your latency towards SAFE, increase the buffers and the choppiness goes away.

Jim
2015/01/24 15:13:58
jimkleban
PS - it is on special from PSP for $69 until Feb 1 (then it goes to $99), JRR SHOP has an auto group buy that will bring the final price down to under $60 (I think it was $58).... if you like it, jump on it before the price goes up in another week or so.

Jim

2015/01/24 16:07:30
SilkTone
OK I went to JRR Shop and purchased it for $58. But really, why am I then forced to first create a PSP account just to activate the plugin I paid for?

...Grrr, and why do I need to restart my system after activating the plugin? Is there some low-level copy protection being installed?
2015/01/24 16:16:26
bapu
SilkTone
OK I went to JRR Shop and purchased it for $58. But really, why am I then forced to first create a PSP account just to activate the plugin I paid for?

*groans*

Because the offer discounts based on how much you. When you create the PSP account they can keep track of what you own.

BTW, I hate to tell you this but nearly all software now days requires an account with the creating/developer company (usually to activate, ala Cakewalk etc.)
2015/01/24 16:26:40
SilkTone
bapu
*groans*

Because the offer discounts based on how much you. When you create the PSP account they can keep track of what you own.

BTW, I hate to tell you this but nearly all software now days requires an account with the creating/developer company (usually to activate, ala Cakewalk etc.)

Yea I guess you are right. BTW the activation is a *.reg file so it is just adding the license to the registry. It shouldn't really require a reboot for that, just a restart of the DAW maybe.
2015/01/24 17:06:22
jimkleban
That's what I was going to say why it needs a restart, because of the REG entry it makes once you activate the full license.  I think it still works in DEMO mode after you activate so the next time you cycle the machine, it will then be activated and not in DEMO mode.

But, I have been mixing a song with it for a few hours now and it is as outstanding as it first appeared, you can really modify the tone of the LESLIE and put it exactly where  you need in the mix.

BTW, I don't work for or have any relationship other than customer with PSP and JRR, as a matter of fact, I never really took a look at PSP before since I am a UAD disciple for mixing and mastering plugins. Somehow, I already own PIANO VERB from PSP and only saw that after I registered the Leslie VST, it was in my account and I don't ever remember buying it or using it.... so I am going to check that out (we never have enough reverb options).

Jim

2015/01/24 17:17:30
SilkTone
I didn't do a reboot after adding the reg entries, just restarted Sonar and the plugin showed up as being registered to me.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account