2015/05/29 22:32:13
Mosvalve
Does anyone have the Ravenscroft 275? If so what is your assessment?
2015/05/30 00:27:41
bitflipper
Don't have it - 200 bucks is out of my league for pianos - but it does sound quite nice. In fact, I'd say it's one of the best-sounding sampled pianos I've ever heard. But I don't think I've even spent 200 bucks on all my pianos combined.
2015/05/30 11:05:55
Fleer
If you check KVR and GearSlutz, you'll read wonderful things about this one. But I have to agree with Bit. Too bloody expensive.
2015/05/30 15:56:36
backwoods
I bought it when it was 50bucks off. It's very clean and even- no clunkers at all on any note at any volume. one cool thing is the download is not that big but it unpacks to a large set of samples- it's some lossless compression type.

If you like pianos another interesting one (that is not clean) is felt piano from spitfire audio
2015/05/30 22:20:42
Fleer
Indeed, Spitfire Audio delivers nicely, including their $2-for-Unicef-a-piece LABS-libraries.
2015/06/01 20:34:53
Mosvalve
backwoods
I bought it when it was 50bucks off. It's very clean and even- no clunkers at all on any note at any volume. one cool thing is the download is not that big but it unpacks to a large set of samples- it's some lossless compression type.

If you like pianos another interesting one (that is not clean) is felt piano from spitfire audio

Backwoods, I bought the Ravenscroft a couple of months ago and just got around to using it. I'd like to hear something you used it on because it doesn't sound good to me. Playing and hearing it through my studios monitors sounds pretty good but when I record it and play it back it sounds muddy and messy. When I can I'll post the song I'm using it on or maybe send an mp3 to you guys for opinions. I expected it to sound good just with the default settings. I'm kinda hoping it's something with my setup that can be remedied. I've been in contact with VI Labs and sent the person Lance a couple of mp3's but he won't admit to it not sounding so good. He hasn't said it sounds good though. He just said it sounds right.

Anyway thanks for the replies everyone.
2017/10/08 23:12:36
congalocke
Pretty late to the discussion but I just purchase the Ravenscroft 275 and am really enjoying it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZr5wAnn-BY
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account