2012/05/29 21:42:52
rbowser
Great stuff, Arachnaut! The Autoharp is even more versatile than I imagined when I put it together. Thanks for posting the clip! RB
2012/06/11 14:38:29
rbowser
This is just too cool - If you're interested in the Autoharp, you should listen to this.  A member of the Garritan Forum did a version of John Sebastian's "You Didn't Have to Be So Nice"--- and uses the Autoharp in it.  Perfect, since Sebastian was famous for using the Autoharp.  Here's that demo:

"You Didn't Have to Be So Nice."

And if you go to the Autoharp site, please notice the Pay Pal button.  It's intended for you to use that first before downloading.  Thanks.

Randy B.
2012/06/20 12:24:22
Bub
Hi Randy,

I see the download for this has been removed from Box.net.

Is it still available?

If it is, how well does it work with Dim Pro x64?

Also, how does it do for playing melody's or is it strictly for doing chord work?

I have a couple of acoustic type songs I'd like to use this in.

Thanks,

Bub.
2012/06/20 12:43:42
rbowser
Bub

Hi Randy,

I see the download for this has been removed from Box.net.

Is it still available?

If it is, how well does it work with Dim Pro x64?

Also, how does it do for playing melody's or is it strictly for doing chord work?

I have a couple of acoustic type songs I'd like to use this in.

Thanks,

Bub.

Hi, Bub - Thanks for your interest in the Autoharp!

Yeah, the folder with the actual instrument, the samples and SFZ file, have been moved to a separate folder at Box.  It's definitely still available, I just had to change the distribution system.  

Only about 1.5% of the people downloading the instrument were paying for it, and that's not quite what I had in mind. So now it's a straight forward purchase.

$10 sent through PayPal gets an email response from me within 24 hours with the download link.

This has been tested in Dim Pro and works perfectly, 32 and 64 bit.  Just make your Dim is aware of it so it can show up, and use that Dim Program file that I have at Box because it has the pitch bend set correctly for the Autoharp (no bend).

Yes, it can be used for melody lines.  It has 3 octaves of single notes (all the strings on the instrument) plus two octaves of alternate samples.  People have especially commented on how nice the tone is on those strings.

If you get this, be sure to get the manual.  It's just 4 pages, but the main thing is the chart that shows where all the samples are located (all 127 MIDI notes are used) and how to use them.

Thanks again.

Randy B.
2012/06/20 22:09:09
Bub
Hi Randy,

I have a couple songs this would be perfect for, and I have no problem with $10. It's quite obvious a lot of work went in to this and I think that's more than a fair price to ask.

I see no difference between downloading this without paying for it than I do for downloading Komplete 8 Ultimate without paying for it. It's not right.

I have a painfully slow connection that keeps dropping out. I hope I can use a download utility with Box.net.

I'll hook up with Paypal tomorrow.

Thanks,

Bub.
2012/06/21 00:47:35
rbowser
Bub

Hi Randy,

I have a couple songs this would be perfect for, and I have no problem with $10. It's quite obvious a lot of work went in to this and I think that's more than a fair price to ask.

I see no difference between downloading this without paying for it than I do for downloading Komplete 8 Ultimate without paying for it. It's not right.

I have a painfully slow connection that keeps dropping out. I hope I can use a download utility with Box.net.

I'll hook up with Paypal tomorrow.

Thanks,

Bub.

Well, thank you very much, Bub.

I'm not comfortable with you paying before you're sure that you'll be able to download the instrument from Box.  You should be able to use your download helper - But I'm going to send you a PM with the download link so you can try it first. If the download works OK and you're set up, then you can do the PayPal thing.  I'll feel better about that.  

Hope it works for you though, since it sounds like you could get good use out of the Autoharp.
Look for a PM.

Randy B.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account