2015/02/06 13:24:57
BobF
When named clips are selected and "Bounce to clip" is selected, pre-bounce clip names are deleted in the resulting clip.  This is true for MIDI and audio clips.

IMO, this should work similarly to splitting clips.  Information should be preserved.  In the case of joining two clips, the names should be concatenated left-right and used as the name for the resulting clip.  This way no information is lost.

Clips from libraries commonly included useful info "coded" into the clip name.  And sometimes I actually create names on my own that I would prefer not be deleted by subsequent operations.
2015/02/06 14:25:14
stevec
Seems more like a Feature Request than a bug to me, but either way I think it's a good idea.

2015/02/10 02:42:20
jbraner
That's a good idea - or maybe even an option to name the new bounced clip (when bouncing) with the concatenated (I had to look up the spelling from your post Bob) name offered as the default.
2015/02/10 07:46:57
dwardzala
The only problem I see with this is if you have 40 or 50 small clips (or even 10) that get bounced to 1 clip the name is going to be unwieldy.

I would suggest that the information be stored in a notes field accessible by the clips menu.
2015/02/10 07:58:50
pwalpwal
i suggest concatenating all the included clip names into a compound clip name, with some character limit/cutoff; user can then edit to taste, but at least it's something
2015/02/10 14:02:42
Kev999
dwardzala
...I would suggest that the information be stored in a notes field accessible by the clips menu.

Great idea. I would like some indication if the clip was bounced from V-Vocal/Melodyne too.
2015/02/10 23:44:11
TomHelvey
A lot of times I bounce to clips to get rid of the name.
2015/02/11 06:20:43
icontakt
I've always thought about this and always concluded it would difficult to implement it. This isn't just about clip names. The same applies to clip background (and foreground) colors. What should happen when bouncing three clips having different clip foreground and background colors? I can only suggest the clips retain their original clip names and colors ONLY when they have the same names/colors. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account