• Software
  • Bass amp sim suggestions (p.2)
2017/10/05 18:30:06
Sidroe
GK use to be my goto until I got Amplitube and Mark Studio 2. Mark Studio usually wins a place in most everything I do. GK still gets a decent amount of use. I used the free version for a long time but ended up buying the full version because it was so functional and versatile.
2017/10/05 19:58:24
Marshall
Sidroe
GK use to be my goto until I got Amplitube and Mark Studio 2. Mark Studio usually wins a place in most everything I do. GK still gets a decent amount of use. I used the free version for a long time but ended up buying the full version because it was so functional and versatile.

I have you to thank Sid, for introducing me to GK - I've used the free version for many months now and I think it sounds great.
2017/10/05 22:45:16
kevmsmith81
TheMaartian
kevmsmith81
Does anyone have a good suggestion of a free bass amp simulator plugin?  Trying to get a reasonable bass sound, but with the amp sim I have the bass is barely audible.  I may be missing something within Sonar itself (didn't see much in TH3 to help, unless again I'm missing something).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Have you installed the August 30th Anniversary freebie (the updated CA-X amps for TH3 SONAR)? There are 5 bass amps included, sprinkled throughout the video.

If that works for you, go to: http://www.cakewalk.com/30 and scroll down to August. Click on the 'Redeem' button and they will be added to your account in the CCC for download and install.

They seem really cool, but the link no longer works.  Guess I missed out on those!

Edit: Found the link, thanks for the heads up.  :)
2017/10/06 15:00:50
TheMaartian
Glad you found them. Sorry for missing the 'th' at the end of the URL. Here's the corrected one:

https://www.cakewalk.com/30th

EDIT: I tried to update the URL in my original post. Three times. The last time, the post disappeared. Trying to edit an existing, incorrect URL sucks bug dust.
2017/10/07 01:18:05
dlesaux
Glyn Barnes
dlesaux
Let's not forget Overloud's Mark Studio 2. It's become my go-to bass amp sim.

Not free though which was one of the OP's requirements. If your buying then the Ampeg 2 stuff for Amplitube is also worth looking at.

Ah, yes! My apologies!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account