2012/05/31 19:53:43
pachanga
Hi,
This is my first post in the forum so i am not quite sure if its the good one. I will let the moderators decide if it goes in another forum.
I started weeks ago trying to do some music with CAKEWALK PRO AUDIO 9 and my old PSR530 yamaha keyboard.
I am also using the cakewalk USB MIDI interface connector.
my question is:
how do i set a different instrument for each track so that when using "MIDI" i hear a different instrument playback in my yamaha keyboard ?
I allready know how to set the tracks to MIDI, recording, a little bit of the interface, but i ask this queston because as an example
if i replay 4 tracks it all ends into a single instrument playing them all. I want to hear strings, trumpets, flute, and piano, but it all sounds piano.

Thanks for you help !

Sergio
2012/05/31 20:26:26
dubdisciple
Although my memories of Pro audio 9 are vague at best, the same principles apply. Simply make sure each midi track is on a different channel.  My guess is that they are all going out on channel 1, which is usually piano.  Not familiar with the keyboard, but I'm guessing it uses a general midi or related standard  like Yamahas XG.  In any case these standards have not changed much over the years or versions of Cakewalk. Check the channel that each track is set to and then make sure the keyboard is setup to receive multi-timbral  midi info. 
2012/06/01 08:32:53
r_baeyens
Hi ,

you can best set the 'Midi Transmit Channel' to a different midi-channel for every track you record. See PSR530 manual page 92 on how to do this.

Make sure your  PSR530 is in 'Multi-timbral mode' or 'General Midi-mode'

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account