2015/01/29 17:31:48
Beagle
When I open the Piano Roll View, it opens by default docked in the multidock.  I always undock it so I can make it a large window and move it to the other monitor.

then I'll close it because I'm done editing at that point.  but even in the same project session, if I open PRV again, it opens back in the multidock window again.  so I have to undock it and move it and resize it again.

the reason I don't just leave it open is because I'm working on multiple MIDI tracks and it's easier (IMO) to double click on a MIDI track to open THAT track in PRV than it is to switch from one track to another in the window.

so I would like to see the windows stay undocked per session.  if I close it and reopen it, I want it to open back where it was when I closed it last, not back in the multidock window.

NOTE:  this is the same for MARKERS view or TEMPO or any other view which opens in that multidock window.
2015/01/29 22:35:26
microapp
In X3, I could save, shutdown and whatever my SONAR window state was would be restored next session.
I use 3 monitors and this was true of whatever I had displayed on all 3 monitors .
Platinum does not seem to have the same behavior. On restart, the multidock would consistently dock under the track view.
I found that if I locked the current screenset (for me #1) then shutdown, the multidock would keep its undocked status and also come back in the proper position on restart.
Of course, if you want to change anything you have to unlock, then re-lock the screenset. This is a PITA vs X3.
So Beagle, try locking the current screenset when you save and close the project. If you changed anything with the windows, unlock, re-lock then save and shutdown.

AD2 if visible on save/shutdown does not re-appear on restart and when opened again wants to appear halfway off the right screen.
I need to look at the AD2 issue in more detail but the screenset lock does not seem to work for AD2.

2015/01/30 03:53:42
Kev999
I find that Mellodyne always open in the Multidock, even after I have just closed it from elsewhere (usually a different screen). Same with V-Vocal. V-Vocal didn't behave this way in Sonar X2. It's very annoying.

2015/01/30 08:01:56
soens
I reported a problem in X3 where screensets would not stay in place, specifically the Inspector. If I moved it under the multidock, upon reopening a project it would revert to it's default position beside the multidock whether it was locked or not, which it shouldn't need to be.

Perhaps one of you guys could verify this or else call me crazy.
2015/01/30 08:25:01
Beagle
soens
I reported a problem in X3 where screensets would not stay in place, specifically the Inspector. If I moved it under the multidock, upon reopening a project it would revert to it's default position beside the multidock whether it was locked or not, which it shouldn't need to be.

Perhaps one of you guys could verify this or else call me crazy.

I'll try to verify it tonight.
2015/01/30 08:25:52
Beagle
Kev999 - if you insert Melodyne in the FX bin it won't open in the multidock, it will open as a separate window.  I don't know about v-vocal, I haven't used it in years.
2015/01/30 17:10:50
Kev999
Beagle
Kev999 - if you insert Melodyne in the FX bin it won't open in the multidock, it will open as a separate window...

I only ever use Mellodyne (or V-Vocal) to process short clips, never whole tracks, and I bounce the clip when I'm finished.
2015/02/02 13:42:29
Beagle
Kev999
Beagle
Kev999 - if you insert Melodyne in the FX bin it won't open in the multidock, it will open as a separate window...

I only ever use Mellodyne (or V-Vocal) to process short clips, never whole tracks, and I bounce the clip when I'm finished.

the way I do it, it doesn't matter.  if I want to process a clip, I still insert melodyne in the FX bin, then I click on the TRANSFER button only for the portion of the track I want to melodyne.

then i'll just bounce that portion when I'm done and delete melodyne from the FX bin.
2015/02/02 18:30:05
Kev999
Beagle
Kev999
Beagle

the way I do it, it doesn't matter.  if I want to process a clip, I still insert melodyne in the FX bin, then I click on the TRANSFER button only for the portion of the track I want to melodyne.

then i'll just bounce that portion when I'm done and delete melodyne from the FX bin.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that next time. The workaround I normally use is to keep one Mellodyne-processed clip unbounced. Subsequent instances of Mellodyne will thereafter open in the existing window, tabbed.
2015/02/03 11:02:16
Beagle
yep, that works too, but I hate leaving a lot of melodyne windows open because they're resource hogs.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account