2015/02/06 05:21:36
williamcopper
yes yes yes.   In future sonar development PLEASE DITCH THE DOCK.   It is awful.     At least make it be completely optional.  
2015/02/06 10:13:10
brconflict
Perhaps assigning screensets to different monitors in parallel. Is that already possible? 
2015/02/06 10:35:33
scook
microapp

Of course, if you want to change anything you have to unlock, then re-lock the screenset. This is a PITA vs X3.

Fortunately the Screenset (un)lock function is available for shortcut binding which may ease the pain some.
2015/02/06 11:37:46
scook
Beagle

then I'll close it because I'm done editing at that point.  but even in the same project session, if I open PRV again, it opens back in the multidock window again.  so I have to undock it and move it and resize it again.

the reason I don't just leave it open is because I'm working on multiple MIDI tracks and it's easier (IMO) to double click on a MIDI track to open THAT track in PRV than it is to switch from one track to another in the

Instead of closing the PRV, minimizing the window will move it out of the way. Double clicking a MIDI clip will restore the window to the old position with the new data (or the same clip if that is double-clicked). The state is maintained across sessions too. Other views work the same way and can be restored by either clicking on the window control in the minimized view or the keyboard shortcut shown in the view menu.
2015/02/06 14:02:48
williamcopper
scook, thanks for the help, but that solution (minimize the prv) brings another problem: you try to select a different track to view in prv, use Alt-3 to bring up PRV, and apparently you get the MINIMIZED PRV ... not a desirable outcome.   Then you have to go searching on your multiple screens for where the ghostly minimized thing can be found.
2015/02/06 15:00:25
scook
ALT+3 restores the minimize PRV to original size on my machine and in Beagle's case he is double-clicking the clip instead of ALT+3 which also causes the PRV to be restored.
2015/02/09 13:13:16
Beagle
yes, there are workarounds as scook has pointed out.  I still would like to have the option of not redocking every time I close a window out, at least per project session.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account