2017/09/29 16:11:59
bitflipper
Too lazy to create your own Shepard Tones? No need to hassle with programming - 8Dio will sell you some!

Actually, these are pretty good and would take a lot of work to create them yourself. Good enough to part with 88 bucks? Not for me, but for the more well-heeled perhaps a novel addition to your tonal toolkit. 

2017/09/29 17:06:34
TheSteven
$88 ?
Here's a free one

apologies Dave - been a long week...
2017/09/29 21:39:55
BobF
I'm not ordering this, but ... those are pretty sweet and I have to admit that I've paid $88 (or more) many times and received less in return. 

2017/09/29 21:47:46
Jeff Evans
Make them yourself. Don't be lazy. If you buy these then everyone else will have them too. It is not a very original concept in terms of your own music.

It is not that great an effect either. I find after a while I can hear where the cycle repeats and starts again. It is not as endless as one thinks.  It is effective when someone likes Hans Zimmer creates the effect.  But he is using a much more complex situation (orchestral) in order to do it.  That would be more interesting. 

You could buy three Waves plugins instead!
2017/09/30 00:43:03
synkrotron
Never heard of "Shepard Tones" before, so thanks for educating me

Now that I know, though, having watched the 8dio video I think I would prefer to have a go myself... I have been having lots of fun with sound design lately...

Plus I've never been a great fan of sample libraries anyway and I don't have any Kontact stuff at all.

@TheSteven, that sample cracked me up haha... I could certainly make something interesting out of that
2017/09/30 01:10:12
kitekrazy1
synkrotron
Never heard of "Shepard Tones" before, so thanks for educating me

Now that I know, though, having watched the 8dio video I think I would prefer to have a go myself... I have been having lots of fun with sound design lately...

Plus I've never been a great fan of sample libraries anyway and I don't have any Kontact stuff at all.

@TheSteven, that sample cracked me up haha... I could certainly make something interesting out of that

I still don't know what they are.
2017/09/30 01:15:55
synkrotron
kitekrazy1
 I still don't know what they are.

Best to watch the video having followed Dave's link in the OP... Although I am not sure why on earth they are called Shepard Tones. Perhaps it was first used by someone called Shepard...
2017/09/30 01:17:21
synkrotron
2017/09/30 03:20:36
bitflipper 

Jeff Evans

You could buy three Waves plugins instead!

LOL

oh the irony lol
2017/09/30 12:20:12
bitflipper
Here's a recent conversation we had about it, which includes additional links to videos and Wikipedia.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account