2006/09/11 14:58:51
b rock
Hey, Jean. I think you might not be setting the sustain point. It's the dividing line that marks the placement of your Note Off in the lifespan of a note. Anything before it would be the 'norma'l stages of attack/decay, and anything after it begins the release stage. To set a sustain point, highlight the desired node, and press "S" on the Qwerty keyboard. You should see a reddish-orange vertical line appear. Do this, and everything else will fall into place for you.

One thing that I always did in the beginning was forget to enable the status of the Amp EG to On. When that's the case, the hidden "master" Amp EG takes over, with an instant attack, flat decay/sustain portion, and an immediate release to zero level. I must've done that dozens of times at the start.

I never did get to my promised Nodes & Segments tutorial, but there is an advanced one on the P5 wiki. Maybe you can weed through that and get something out of it: Multiple AttackDecayRelease.
2006/09/11 15:12:06
naughtyhill
Hi hypo,

In dimpro, hover over the sustain point so that it's lit/selected. Then press s on your qwerty keyboard. Make sure that the dimpro gui has the focus or else pressing s wont work.
An alternate way is to hover/select the sustain node and right click at black area between amplitude and time ( see pic below ) and select "set/clear active node as sustain"
You will maybe notice that after you've done all this, one way or another, a vertical orange line will appear beneath the sustain node.

Try it. You'll like it.

All the best,

NTH.

edit: jeez Tom beat me to it .....again.

edit 2: dang my pic says eg status is off. Obviously you must switch it on.
2006/09/11 15:42:41
b rock
jeez
Today Only. ADSR Special: buy one; get one free.
2006/09/11 15:44:59
naughtyhill
2006/09/11 15:54:21
hypolydien
THanks guys,

I did the "S" thing and it worked. Maybe I'll tyry Naughty's trick later.

I must admit, it wasn't so clear from the manual. I had read that little paragraph about how to set the loop point, but I had no idea it would affect the release.

O.K., now just about 7.46 gigs of samples left to check out. Should be fun.

I must say I am quite impressed with what I have heard so far.
2012/05/29 20:42:01
Rhytenow
This picture is missing how do you do the ADSR  in Dimension Pro? I want a fast attack and a fast release on most of the instruments I use.  
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account