2015/01/30 18:42:36
ramscapri

Like say, now I have a number of tracks, routed to a number of different buses, and sends on tracks routed to different buses or side-chains to plugins and so on. After a while, it could get complex. I know I could expand each track on track view or console view and check each signal out and send out and so on. But that could be cumbersome. Especially if its an external project file received by me as I will not know the exact nature of signal routing as I would not have done it in the first place.

As an illustrative example of what it is that I am looking for, those who use NI Reaktor could relate to the structure view of the macros and modules which has the complete signal routing of the cells visually illustrated.

Is there such a one glance map-like view of the whole routing scene somewhere in Sonar ? Presumably not. So how about putting in that feature. Could do wonders for the workflow, quick signal flow detection and also trying outcomes of different routing scenarios on the fly.

I guess a new view (like the matrix view, tempo view, event list view, etc.) called say, "Signal Flow view" could be introduced in which one can view and change signal routing options. This would be a graphical illustrative view with buttons, lists, etc, for selection of tracks, buses, sends, etc, for the whole project and should be both dockable onto the multi-dock and separable like the console or other views. What say ? Of course, existing ways of doing things need to stay. This should be an additional view feature...

Cake bakers...listening ?
2015/01/31 08:34:48
BobF
I think this is a great idea.  I would even gladly accept a button that would produce a text file laying out the flow from SRC to OUT.  Being able to lean back and see this kind of overview would be great.
2015/10/16 10:58:59
Bristol_Jonesey
Yes, I would agree.

Added my vote!
2015/10/16 20:38:33
Kev999
This would be particularly useful for those of us who work on several projects concurrently. It would save a bit of head-scratching. When you resume a project after having put it aside for a few weeks, the routing details are the first thing that you want to know and are always the thing that you have forgotten.
2015/10/20 06:49:30
ramscapri

Folks, good to see some more votes coming in for this kind of feature.
A signal routing map generation feature (preferably as a separate view which can be printable) becomes all the more relevant and useful now with the introduction of Patch Points and Aux Tracks in the "Jamaica Plain" update.
Signal routing can now get really more complex and interesting and deserves a view feature of its own.

2015/10/20 07:39:15
mettelus
I can see the future need for this with patch points now. 3 months from now I will have no visual to see what is mapped where in a project without this.
2015/10/20 08:30:28
dcumpian
It would be really awesome if this were presented as a window that could then be clicked and Sonar would take you to whatever Track/bus/plugin was clicked. Kind of like a mix navigator...

Regards,
Dan

2015/10/20 15:54:51
M@
I like the idea!
Print and lay aside to the other documents I have for each project (I always have handwritten notes on the recordings I do)
Also the idea of clicking on the routing-graph bringing me to the desired track sounds nice, but might add yet again more complexity to sonar?. I think for general overview text-print would be perfect. Especially for the scenario of returning to project after long time or if multiple persons are working on a project.
2015/10/21 16:07:04
sharke
Maybe a routing matrix like Reaper's?
2015/10/21 17:42:03
BobF
sharke
Maybe a routing matrix like Reaper's?

I think that would be ideal, but as I said above, a printout would be an improvement.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account