2016/09/14 09:06:01
pwalpwal
a bit surprised to read that the 5(!) ways of starting a new project are all different(!!), so the feature request is:
all options should be available however you create a new project - devs, please consolidate the various bits of "new project" code, stop adding new/distinct code - users shouldn't have to "decifer new project options"
ref http://forum.cakewalk.com/New-Or-did-I-not-know-Starting-project-without-naming-first-ouch-m3481956.aspx
2016/09/14 09:37:01
Bristol_Jonesey
They are NOT all different.

They simply provide unique ways of achieving the same things (2)

There are only (2) outcomes - either your audio gets dumped into the Global Audio Folder or it goes to the Audio Folder of your Project in a Per Project setup

As an example, File > New is exactly the same as going Alt + f + n
2016/09/14 09:45:03
pwalpwal
Bristol_Jonesey
As an example, File > New is exactly the same as going Alt + f + n

that's a windows thing (it's literally the same as clicking "File" then "New" on the menu), but it 's usually the same as ctrl-N

the request is for consistency :-)
2016/09/14 10:01:18
Bristol_Jonesey
As opposed to flexibility?

The way it works now caters for 2 distinct sets of users - those who use keyboard shortcuts and those who are mouse bound.
2016/09/14 10:33:59
pwalpwal
Bristol_Jonesey
As opposed to flexibility?

The way it works now caters for 2 distinct sets of users - those who use keyboard shortcuts and those who are mouse bound.

yeah but the wiwn isn't obvious or intuitive, hence bob's post, which even became a totw
[edit for dup'd quote]
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account