• Computers
  • Apple: It's Good If You Like C**P (p.9)
2017/11/19 01:19:43
abacab
I dunno.  Maybe it's time to see if Jim can build a decent 'Hackintosh'. 
2017/11/19 04:25:20
tlw
Some people find getting Hackintoshes to work properly an interesting entertainment and time-filling hobby.
Way too much trouble as far as I’m concerned. I like computers that work and keep working without needing constant tuning or throwing a fit just when they’re most needed.
2017/11/19 04:25:20
tlw
Accidental double post, please ignore.
2017/11/19 16:54:05
abacab
tlw
I like computers that work and keep working without needing constant tuning or throwing a fit just when they’re most needed.

So that requirement pretty much eliminates Windows PCs, LOL!!! 
2017/11/20 14:27:48
Jim Roseberry
abacab
I dunno.  Maybe it's time to see if Jim can build a decent 'Hackintosh'. 

Building a "Hackintosh" is actually a fun "puzzle" (if you're into those kinds of things).
It's a great test of problem solving skills.
You solve one problem... and then it's on to another.
When all problems are solved, you wind up with a machine that's close to a Mac... but not exactly a Mac.
The devil is in the very fine details.
If you want a Mac, get the real thing.
With a "Hackintosh", literally any update can break the hacked OS.

2017/11/22 08:40:32
kennywtelejazz
Considering the recent News about Gibson dropping Cakewalk .

I'm glad I have a Mac that I love using for music production

Kenny

2017/11/22 08:57:29
kitekrazy1
kennywtelejazz

Kenny

I'm glad I have a PC since it still supports all of my M-Audio legacy gear.
2017/11/22 09:22:10
kennywtelejazz
kitekrazy1
kennywtelejazz

Kenny

touche !
I see you are getting a few zings in there .......huh ?
it is common knowledge I use what ever I can get my grimy paws on when it comes to music production 
Believe it or not , I was very much like batsbrew in one very important regard ...I ran SONAR 6 PE under XP right up until a little over 3 years ago . I was very happy ,  my XP machine still has a Delta 1010lt and a Audiophile 192 in it for my sound cards  .
I still have that setup it never saw the net except for DAW software updates and it out lasted 4 other PC's that served double duty ...DAW & internet
I don't hate PC , I'm not a Mac fanboy ....I just love the idea that all this BS that's going on has absolutely no effect on neither on my Mac rigs 

all the best,

Kenny
2017/11/22 15:21:48
abacab
kennywtelejazz

Kenny

Plus you still have that cool Tracktion Waveform thingy, and all those other DAWs that you dabble around with. 

I may have to think of you as the biggest prepper around these parts, cuz you are better prepared for the end of days than most of us! 
2017/11/22 17:20:27
kitekrazy1
kennywtelejazz
kitekrazy1
kennywtelejazz

Kenny

touche !
I see you are getting a few zings in there .......huh ?
it is common knowledge I use what ever I can get my grimy paws on when it comes to music production 
Believe it or not , I was very much like batsbrew in one very important regard ...I ran SONAR 6 PE under XP right up until a little over 3 years ago . I was very happy ,  my XP machine still has a Delta 1010lt and a Audiophile 192 in it for my sound cards  .
I still have that setup it never saw the net except for DAW software updates and it out lasted 4 other PC's that served double duty ...DAW & internet
I don't hate PC , I'm not a Mac fanboy ....I just love the idea that all this BS that's going on has absolutely no effect on neither on my Mac rigs 

all the best,

Kenny

I could resit the pot calling the kettle black.  I didn't see how the two relate.  I made it a point that Microsoft makes a great effort to support legacy devices where this is not the case with Apple.
 Mac don't fit my budget since I could easily upgrade 3 machines for the price of their "desktop" models.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account