• Software
  • Autotune Pro? Anybody using it?
2018/10/12 02:00:14
user390096
Anybody using the newest Autotune Pro? Do you like it and does it use the ARA like Melodyne? Also, can it create smooth vibratos like I can do with Waves Tune where I first flatten a "bad" vibrato, then create a smooth vibrato using the synth mode?

Thanx, JV1
2018/10/12 02:47:00
digimidi
I would like to try it, but I haven't, at least not yet.  I've been using Melodyne Studio v4.2, Roland V-Vocal, and Waves Tune, and to a lesser degree, iZotope Nectar Suite.  Of all of them that I've tried, I like Melodyne and V-Vocal the best.  I think that AutoTune is a bit too expensive for what it does, but if I can ever get a good price on it, I'll give it a shot.
2018/10/13 20:05:39
Blogospherianman
I tried it out to possibly upgrade from AT Evo. (I also own Melodyne 4 and Waves Tune) What I found was AT Pro was fine in Auto mode, but in Graphical mode (which is what I use with a graphics tablet) AT Pro was actually pushing the note farther away from the target note object. I sent in a bug report on it. They may or may not have fixed it by now as I've not heard back about it being fixed. I continue to use AT Evo with great results. I use Melodyne on Polyphonic instruments mostly. AT is smoother on vocals for me, especially using Graphical mode.
2018/11/06 07:38:39
user390096
I finally bought a new Ilok (it wouldn't load with my old one), installed AT Pro and was underwhelmed. It seemed to crash just about everytime I attempted to use so I sent the new Ilok back for a full return of the $40 it cost - what a rip-off these days. I recently bought Revoice Pro 4? and it comes with a new free? "cloud" version of the Ilok that I think could be used by all the Ilok companies. I don't think Anteras has Cakewalk/Sonar in mind when they create software.
2018/11/06 13:40:49
bitflipper
What you want is the full Melodyne product, called Editor. Don't judge Melodyne by the "lite" version that shipped with SPlat, as it's intentionally feature-limited. Editor will indeed let you flatten vibrato and then add your own. With the convenience of ARA integration and no iLok complications.
2018/11/06 18:32:31
TheSteven
You can occasionally get the upgrade Bit mentions for $49.
There just recently was a sale but looks like it's expired.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account