2015/01/22 12:45:34
mdages
I often have projects with about 30 up to 100 midi/instrument tracks. So my wishes in this area are more flexibility in the selection and deselection process of tracks to edit in pvr.

Yes, it makes no sense to give us the choice of audiortracks in the track selection of pvr. Only midi or instrument tracks should be listed.

I would like to have a flexible bar on the right or left of the pvr to show me a searchable list of available midi based tracks with an easy selection and deselection option.

_Markus
2015/01/23 16:49:21
Kev999
soens
...there are times when I like having an audio or synth track in the PRV. Usually to have quick access to soloing/muting them when working on an associated midi track.

I guess that this is useful if you are working with limited screen area, e.g. a laptop. It does seem like a workaround though. Maybe a separate window that displays Solo/Mute buttons for a selection of tracks would be a good new feature. If anybody wants to run with this idea, please post in a new thread.

EDIT:
I took up my own challenge and posted a new feature proposal: Solo/Mute View
EDIT AGAIN:
This doesn't seem to have attracted much interest.
2015/01/23 19:09:28
stickman393
A minimal change would be for the "Pick Track" picklist to only include actual MIDI tracks. You could even call this a bug.
2015/01/23 21:51:47
icontakt
rtucker55
It's too bad you can't save your visible selections in your projects.

Currently, if you unselect one of the midi tracks above using the 'notes' button and save your project when you reopen it will be selected again. (visible)

I find this a royal pain when I have several midi tracks open but only one visible to edit. I save the project in hopes of coming back to where I left off only to find ALL the tracks visible again.

Surely this on/off thing could be saved within a project...

Actually, that's a bug and it's confirmed by CW.
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Status-of-PRVs-note-button-not-remembered-with-projectscreenset-Confirmed-by-CW-m3022397.aspx

2015/01/23 22:06:45
rtucker55
Here is a case/ticket that was created on 2/5/2014:

http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Contact/Problem-Report-Status.aspx?ID=23924&User=rtucker55%40hotmail.com

Apparently it was either missed or not possible to correct. Either way I am really disappointed as this was a big deal to me and I was sure they would have it fixed a year later.
2015/02/02 19:47:58
Susan G
Hi-

I personally only want to see the tracks I can edit in the PRV listed in "Pick Tracks" but since some folks want other track types visible there, maybe they could just use the same "Track Manager" dialog they use for the TV and CV.  At least that has the icons indicating track type. 

-Susan
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account