• Software
  • Studio One updated to 3.5.2 (p.2)
2017/09/28 20:35:53
kson
Jeff Evans
ZincTrumpet's experience with Studio One is his own experience.  Not for many others who have a total stable experience since version 1.5.  I have not had even one crash since I started using the program.

It is also not up to the manufacturer to alert people of updates either.  (Although in some cases for me they actually do) If you are serious about using Studio One you will visiting their forum on a regular basis and that information is quite clear there when it happens.

But I do agree this forum is great for alerting to many other updates in situations where you are not visiting every manufacturers forum for every plug-in you might have and they are not alerting you etc.. The Software thread here is a very useful thread.  And a very interesting one.  

Agreed - with most.  

I do think it is, or should be, up to the manufacturer to let us know of updates for stability of use or otherwise.  They have all of our email information and should have the desire to inform us - if nothing more than to stay relevant.  Folks are busy and many have a plethora of plug-ins and cannot be visiting websites often enough to stay on top of things.

Jus' sayin.  :-)
2017/09/28 20:44:59
Jeff Evans
I get they have our emails. I mean KV331 with Synthmaster actually alert me when they update and so does Harrison Mixbus.  And a few others, but then there others who don't as well.  I think it is just a matter of some do and some don't.  It is up to you to keep your all your software up to date really. 

Studio One users also have the excellent Studio One Expert site as well and they always alert us to updates.  And produce quality videos on them demonstrating the extra features etc..
2017/09/28 21:22:17
BobF
kson
Jeff Evans
ZincTrumpet's experience with Studio One is his own experience.  Not for many others who have a total stable experience since version 1.5.  I have not had even one crash since I started using the program.

It is also not up to the manufacturer to alert people of updates either.  (Although in some cases for me they actually do) If you are serious about using Studio One you will visiting their forum on a regular basis and that information is quite clear there when it happens.

But I do agree this forum is great for alerting to many other updates in situations where you are not visiting every manufacturers forum for every plug-in you might have and they are not alerting you etc.. The Software thread here is a very useful thread.  And a very interesting one.  

Agreed - with most.  

I do think it is, or should be, up to the manufacturer to let us know of updates for stability of use or otherwise.  They have all of our email information and should have the desire to inform us - if nothing more than to stay relevant.  Folks are busy and many have a plethora of plug-ins and cannot be visiting websites often enough to stay on top of things.

Jus' sayin.  :-)

I posted the update here, so I obviously found out about it somewhere else.  That somewhere is the PreSonus forum.  I also click 'Check For Updates' once in a while when starting up Studio One.  I do that with most of my software that has the option.

This forum is a fantastic resource though.  Combined with the Deals forum there is no better one-stop-shop for info on all things DAW-related.
2017/09/29 13:12:48
mudgel
I usually get S13 update emails but I didn't with this one. Hm. I don't visit the forum there very frequently anymore. Seems like a bit of a ghost town. They probably don't have any problems. 😉
2017/09/29 14:12:40
KingsMix
kson
Interesting that I hear about updates to my software mostly from this forum and not the manufacturer.  Dang.

When you open Studio One, the update green alert button always shows up on the top as an alert to updates available as well as the news feed.
2017/09/29 16:11:39
kson
KingsMix
kson
Interesting that I hear about updates to my software mostly from this forum and not the manufacturer.  Dang.

When you open Studio One, the update green alert button always shows up on the top as an alert to updates available as well as the news feed.

I'm not specifically referencing S1 at this point.  This is more of a general comment towards software manufacturers and their clients - us.
2017/09/29 16:44:31
dubdisciple
How do you possibly miss studio one updates? It shows up upon launching
2017/09/29 16:52:35
kson
Please see above.
2017/09/29 21:33:43
BobF
kson
KingsMix
kson

I'm not specifically referencing S1 at this point.  This is more of a general comment towards software manufacturers and their clients - us.

Yeah, this is a great resource.  Folks are quick to post here when something is out so we can all benefit.
2017/09/30 01:11:07
kitekrazy1
Looks like my Hornet plugins are rejected again.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account