2012/04/16 13:02:39
critter0107
Hi, Just picked up Z3TA+2.1. Love the sound of it. But a lot of the patches sound different, sometimes very different, when triggered by a midi clip as opposed to playing the same thing on a keyboard controller. I've used two programs (Sonar and FL Studio) and two different keyboard controllers and get the same results. I don't get it????? Can anyone help? Thanks
2012/04/16 13:19:10
dubdisciple
Do you have a recorded example of this (perhaps a clip of midi clip and clip of you playing the exact same thing via controller)?  Are these midi clips you created or third party?  If it is the latter, it is possible that there is patch change info embedded in the midi file.  
2012/04/16 13:39:24
critter0107
No I don't. But let me explain further. All I do is pick a note, say F4. Hold it for a measure. Then put an F4 in the piano roll and press play. And the sound is different. Some are not triggering the lfo because the sound from the midi clip is the same as the sound I get from the controller if I set the lfo amount set to zero. On other sounds the midi clip will cause things to pan but when played with the controller there's a filter effect instead of the panning. Like mod sources are different from the controller and the midi clip?
2012/04/16 13:48:02
dubdisciple
bear with me.  i am going to see if i can recreate your problem.  is it doing it on all patches or is there a specific one i can use as reference?
2012/04/16 13:55:46
critter0107
I'd say its happening to some degree on about 40% of the patches I've tried so far. Some are just a minor effect others are more severe. Try using the Z3TA+ classic content/Arps/Arp two. That one's really obvious cuz the midi clip doesn't seem to trigger the lfo. Thanks!
2012/04/16 14:05:22
dubdisciple
I can't seem to recreate the problem.  I created a midi clip with an f4 note stretched across a 4 beat measure at 120bm.  Whether i let it play from the clip on the timeline or i triggered it with a midi controller, i got the exact same sound.  For reference, i used a simple Akai LPD8 since it was the only thin g i had in my laptop bag at the moment.  Did you save the project file?   I
2012/04/16 14:07:13
dubdisciple
btw, i am far from a midi expert, so i know how frustrating these kinds of problems are.  The only reason i answered is sometimes two heads are better than one  and nobody else has bothered to step in yet.
2012/04/16 14:17:42
critter0107
This is weird. I can save a cwp file with the midi clip but I can't seem to uplaod it, says gif/txt/jpg only. Sorry if I'm kinda noobish.
2012/04/16 14:21:45
groovey1
Some of the patches respond to velocity by changing things like filter cut-offs, etc. instead of volume like you might expect. Try changing the velocity of your note in the PRV and see if that changes the sound.
2012/04/16 14:36:04
dubdisciple
I don't think the forum allows file uploads other than images. You can use a file sending service like Yousendit if you wish.  Otherwise, groovey1's suggestion is something to look at.  The fact that I am not getting the same problem indicates that odds are good it is not some kind of bug but some small thing that is fixable.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account