2012/04/16 19:23:42
swamptooth
Two of the things I check when I record with a keyboard are making sure i have automation write and read enabled on the midi track i am recording to.  The other one is a cakewalk option in preferences/project/midi try unchecking the following two options (from the help file)
Other Options

Zero Controllers When Play Stops. If you choose this option, SONAR sets the controller values of the pitch wheel, the sustain pedal, and the modulation wheel on all 16 MIDI channels to zero. It also sends a “zero all continuous controllers” MIDI message which turns off other continuous controllers on newer synthesizers. If you experience frequent stuck notes when playback stops, try checking this option.

Patch/Controller Searchback Before Play Starts. If you choose this option, SONAR finds and sends the most recent patch changes, wheel events, and pedal events before starting playback. This way, all settings are correct even if you start playback at an arbitrary point in the project.

2012/04/16 19:35:33
dubdisciple
I'm stumped.  Even in your project, it plays the same both ways for me.
2012/04/16 19:46:35
groovey1
critter0107

... I was just wondering if there was some information being transmit by the controller that's not being transmitted by the midi clip. ...

I think it's got to be related to this somehow. But it's strange that you're getting the same symptoms from 2 different keyboards.

Have you tried recording a few notes from one of the keyboards and checking the event view to see if there's anything else in there?

2012/04/16 19:49:59
critter0107
Yes I've checked on the automation and controller searchback and zero options. Tried it in all combinations. Sometimes it sounds like the midi clip is sounding correctly and its the controller that sounds wrong. What a mess. Been doing this over 20 years and never seen anything like this. Gotta be a reasonable explanation. I can't even imagine where the problem would lie. The only common denominator is the synth itself. Almost time for a bigger hard drive so maybe if everything gets installed fresh it'll just cowboy up and play nice :-)
2012/04/16 19:52:42
critter0107
Thanks for taking a look at my file! You rock! It really helps to know that this isn't just a bug with the synth. Thanks
2012/04/16 19:52:55
dubdisciple
are you letting the arp pattern play all the way through? I noticed in your project the note is shorter than the arp pattern.  perhaps you are resuming the pattern in a part and thus sounding different?  Try extending your note out for 2 measures. Is it possible for you to record two clips of what you are hearing so we can hear the difference
2012/04/16 19:55:06
dubdisciple
wish i could have figured it out.  It's definitely not the synth.  i managed to get the wonderful stuck note bug, but otherwise identical.
2012/04/16 20:00:55
critter0107
Hey groovey1, Make that 3 different boards now :-) Yeah 3 boards and 2 different DAWs so its pretty safe to say its not the program or a setting in the program and its not something funky with a keyboard. And yes I tried out the event list. Nothing but note info and all the parameters were set to be viewed. I'm just gonna use it for awhile and see how it works out. Maybe something else will pop up that leads to a solution. I appreciate all the ideas!
2012/04/16 20:01:54
Chris S
There are midi options that can be turned on or off in you soundcard or whatever you use to get midi into your computer.
Usually you can turn off aftertouch. Sometimes the input bit depth can be limited to 11 or you could can controller information sent to a separate midi chanel.
If you are experiencing the issuse in two different programs I can tell you it isn't the program that's at fault.
2012/04/16 20:02:57
critter0107
Possibly something with the installation on my system? Nothing's in the default location. But its pretty simple to set new locations unless something's buggy with that. But I don't really see how that could effect the synths response to input like it is. Yours in the default location or a custom one?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account