2017/09/26 15:08:54
sharke
I gave up waiting for Jamstix 4 a long time ago, but once in a blue moon I will check the Rayzoon forum to see if there's any progress. However I just noticed that the forum is down and wondered how long that has been the case? Just wondering if Rayzoon have given up on Jamstix 4 as well and have taken their own forum down as a result. 
2017/09/26 15:44:16
Mesh
Their main website shows: The download/license server is currently undergoing maintenance and will be available again soon.

I'm guessing the Forum is part of the maintenance....
2017/09/26 15:50:03
bapu
Maybe it's the forum that will be V4.
2017/09/26 18:17:50
sharke
Their forum was kinda dated. Hopefully it'll come back as something a little spiffier. 
2017/09/27 03:16:33
mumpcake
sharke
Their forum was kinda dated. Hopefully it'll come back as something a little spiffier. 

Hopefully not at the cost of delaying the release any longer. 

I wonder how long "Duke Drums Forever" will take.
2017/09/27 05:54:10
sharke
The funny thing is, just a couple of years ago I was actually excited by the prospect of their upcoming release "Jambass" which would have been a sort of Jamstix for bass. Ha! Given that Jamstix 4 seems to have no release date in sight after at least 2 years of it being "almost here," I think there's more chance of a one armed blind man getting a pound of melted butter into the ear of a wild cat with a hot needle than there is of us ever seeing Jambass. 
2017/09/27 14:43:06
mumpcake
I just lost a long post explaining why RZ would be the wrong guy to make a Jambass program anyway for lack of domain knowledge. 
2017/09/28 00:10:50
shmuelyosef
...I've been hopeful since the Beta is circulating, although I was not selected as a Beta site.

"Jamstix 4, internally known as Duke Drums Forever for its unexpectedly long development time, is finally getting closer to release. It is now in private Beta with selected Jamstix owners after which it will enter a public Beta phase available to all Jamstix owners eligible for a free upgrade. When that is completed, it will be officially released. "
2017/09/28 03:30:56
sharke
Yeah but how long have they been saying that. 

I think the problem with Rayzoon is that it seems to be one guy. I've always said that if Jamstix got a development team around it (along with an injection of cash), it would be phenomenal. People are put off a little by its quirkiness and steep learning curve, and perhaps the GUI is a little outdated as well. All the signs of a one man team.
2017/09/28 03:47:04
Grem
sharke
Yeah but how long have they been saying that. 

I think the problem with Rayzoon is that it seems to be one guy. I've always said that if Jamstix got a development team around it (along with an injection of cash), it would be phenomenal. People are put off a little by its quirkiness and steep learning curve, and perhaps the GUI is a little outdated as well. All the signs of a one man team.

Yes, I agree. I really wanted to use (and was) and learn Jamstix in and out. But when I went to Win10, I can't get it to work on my Music PC and Rayzoon didn't give much help at all. Seems to be something (this is my opinion BTW) with the License Authorization. It just will not start. Neither the stand alone or VST. I get the samne error: "Something went wrong. Contact support @Rayzoon.com"
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account