2012/04/15 15:54:54
Linear Phase
So.. I just bought Z3ta 2.0, and well, its awesome.  I love this idea of being able to load midi files into the arp, to create custom patterns..  but, the manual lacks some information I require, to enjoy this feature to the max...

1.  When loading a midi arp pattern, I am guessing that all not information is ignored..  For example, if your pattern starts on C# or F# that makes no difference, and Z3ta will trigger the actual note from your host, or your midi controller.   Is this correct?  If so, than, does that mean, that all midi patterns I write, should be limited to 1 octave, 1 measure, and Z3ta is looking at the pattern, not the notes?

2.  If any pro user, can help me to identify a little more, how these patterns are being read, how Z3ta is choosing from the patter, which note to play first, second, third, etc.. That would be way helpful.

3.  Does Z3ta read velocity information, found in a midi file load into it?

4.  Does anybody know, or is it even possible to get a real time view, of how your arp would sound, while you are creating the midi?  Is this a matter of putting Z3ta on a track, and writing a pattern?

------------------

Some thoughts on Z3ta...   I love it!  I've been a long time Rapture user, since the early days of Raptures release.  And then soon after purchasing Rapture, I switched to Mac...   Recently, I switched back to PC, because Mac has become a little bit of an expensive fail imo, and seeing this Z3ta 2.0 release, and the April Marathon Sale, I simply couldn't resist this synth, that I've always been interested in, but never had a chance to use.

The only thing that is confusing me, is the arp..  So any help, to understand how I can create the custom patterns I wish to make, would be greatly appreciated...

Ps...  No.  I don't think the GUI is too big.  Although, I'm using a luxerious 21.4 inch screen.. 

Thanks everone

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account