2012/03/19 23:14:39
alexoss
I just downloaded and installed the Z3TA+ 2 soft synth, and after the installation was complete, my Norton Antivirus popped up a window indicating it was analyzing a su****ious file. It turns out that it quarantined Z3TA+ 2.exe (i.e. deleted it & stuffed it into its quarantine area) because it matched a "heuristic virus" category threat called "Su****ious.Cloud.5". I was about to restore it from quarantine when I thought the better of it--what if it really is infected in the installer file?

I consider that highly unlikely, but would appreciate thoughts from folks here (and from Cakewalk, if they're listening)...

Thanks!

(EDIT: what the heck? this editor is replacing s-p-i-c with "****", so the word "s-u-s-p-i-c-i-o-u-s" comes out "su****ious". That looks su****iously like an overzealous bad-word filter to me...!)
2012/03/20 23:39:23
Fog
2 things, you might consider..

1) your pc is infected, elsewhere and it's just latched onto z3ta.. the other week I cleaned a machine for a friend , the infection on it tried to latch onto everything inc. the pen drive , I had the AV on.

2) it's a false positive (some programs trigger such things.. due to the code)

2012/03/22 12:32:32
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Hi Alex,

It is a false positive and we reported it to Norton when Z3TA+ 2 first came out.  I can assure you if you downloaded it from us - it is safe and won't cause harm to your computer.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account