• Software
  • IK introduce Ampeg SVX 2 (p.4)
2017/09/06 04:03:58
Jesse G
RSMCGUITAR
Jesse G
My option to buy Ampeg SVX 2 at $49.99 is available for me to purchase.  I have $46.00 in Jam points to use, however,  I want to buy Modo bass and use the Jam Points to make the total price $103.99.
I am sooooo confused about what to get.

remember you can only use $15 dollars of jam points for a $49.99 item.

Darn you RSMCGUITAR

You just ruined my Day!!
2017/09/06 05:52:55
RSMCGUITAR
Jesse G
Darn you RSMCGUITAR
You just ruined my Day!!

I wish I could say you were the only one! 
2017/09/06 06:37:09
Eddie TX
After a quick demo, I gotta give kudos to the IK devs who brought these Ampegs to life. Very good sound from all three, taking the collection to a new level.

I compared the SVT-VR with the UAD/Brainworx version, and was able to get them to sound pretty close. Had to do some fiddling -- the same settings did not necessarily produce the same results. I still prefer the UAD's sound overall, but A4's cab/mike selection features make choosing those much more fun. (Another point for UAD is that it doesn't eat your CPU as A4 tends to do -- of course, the required DSP hardware isn't super-cheap.)

I didn't have time yet to compare directly the B-15N with its UAD counterpart, but from what I hear, it's also fairly close. Classic tone with great control of dynamics.

The V-4B surprised me, as I hadn't heard a model of that one before. Really liking the sound of it. Could be a go-to.

Taken together, the new amps cover a wide range of tasty flavors. I'd say the SVX 2 upgrade is a no-brainer for those who already own the original bundle. Nice work!

Cheers,
Eddie

2017/09/06 11:30:11
Glyn Barnes
Can some one confirm this shows up in Amplitube as "Ampeg" and not "Ampeg 2"
2017/09/06 13:41:20
Mesh
I do have about 50 gear credits just sitting in the custom shop, and SVX does sounds very good.....but, I don't have a bass guitar.
What to do......what to do?

2017/09/06 13:47:13
bapu
Mesh
I do have about 50 gear credits just sitting in the custom shop, and SVX does sounds very good.....but, I don't have a bass guitar.

Buy a $1500 bass guitar in order to get a $50 piece of software?

2017/09/06 14:06:38
Mesh
bapu
Mesh

Certainly, a viable option......if I had the dough
Maybe get a $50 bass and call it a day?

2017/09/06 14:16:41
fret_man
I  show Ampeg SVX in my user area with 9 authorizations left but I can't get the upgrade pricing. All I see is the $99 price.
2017/09/06 14:28:32
Mesh
fret_man
I  show Ampeg SVX in my user area with 9 authorizations left but I can't get the upgrade pricing. All I see is the $99 price.

It should be here Fret Man: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ampegsvx2/ (on the left, it shows $49.99 upgrade).

However, when I click on the upgrade price, it takes me to a $99 price link........something's not quite right here.   

2017/09/06 14:29:32
IK_Multimedia
Mesh
bapu
Mesh

Certainly, a viable option......if I had the dough
Maybe get a $50 bass and call it a day?

Or get MODO BASS which is still on sale (that one was extended, now we know why!) - but that one is close to being over now
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account