• Software
  • IK introduce Ampeg SVX 2 (p.6)
2017/09/06 19:26:33
LAGinz25
Glyn Barnes
LAGinz25
Does anyone know whether installing V2 wipes out V1...or whether the two then co-exist in Amplitube?

They co-exist.

Thx!
2017/09/06 19:28:10
yorolpal
Just heard back from IK...they said the reason I'm not seeing the upgrade price is that I must have gotten my original SVX in a bundle...and that that is why the upgrade price is not showing and also why it's not showing up in my "upgrades/crossgrades" section in my user account.

Only...I didn't get it in a bundle.  I bought it as a totally separate plugin when it first came out.  Back in 2007.  

So...I told them that and maybe they can fix it.  We'll see.

Maybe Peter can chime in and give me some help.

2017/09/06 19:40:01
bapu
yorolpal
Just heard back from IK...they said the reason I'm not seeing the upgrade price is that I must have gotten my original SVX in a bundle...and that that is why the upgrade price is not showing and also why it's not showing up in my "upgrades/crossgrades" section in my user account.

Only...I didn't get it in a bundle.  I bought it as a totally separate plugin when it first came out.  Back in 2007.  

Same here:

"Only full purchased versions qualify for the upgrade version, if it was received via a promotion or in a MAX bundle, it does not qualify for the upgrade."

So they have lost a purchase from me until they have a BOGO or sumpin'. Like MODO and SVX2 on a BOGO since those are the only two (in the Amplitube line) I do not own. 
2017/09/06 20:00:30
Billy Buck
yorolpal

Yes, I received the same reply to my inquiry to IK customer support as why I do not see the upgrade for my licensed SVX 1. As I explained in my response to IK CS, I purchased the "boxed" version of the SVX 1 nearly a decade ago (2008), when it was still at v1.1.1. It was a standalone app (years before it was merged with Amplitube) with separate plugin versions (VST, AU, etc..) at that time.
2017/09/06 20:06:56
scottfa
Great, have a ticket in to IK. Purchased in 2009 separately. Suppose I'll have to tell Support that I did. Sigh........
2017/09/06 20:07:12
bapu
In my case I'm 99% sure that I got SVX as part of a BOGO or a promotion (sale?).
2017/09/06 20:11:19
Mesh
bapu
In my case I'm 99% sure that I got SVX as part of a BOGO or a promotion (sale?).

That's how I got mine (BOGO).....
2017/09/06 20:15:01
bapu
I got mine on April 25th, 2008. WOW, over nine years ago.

And I still have not figured out how to use it.
2017/09/06 20:19:28
Mesh
bapu
I got mine on April 25th, 2008. WOW, over nine years ago.

And I still have not figured out how to use it.

You must be having a $1500 real bass?

2017/09/06 20:23:01
yorolpal
Yup...got the boxed version here as well when it was a separate thing from Amplitube.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account