• Software
  • VIP Software V 3.0 For Your Akai, Alesis and M-Audio Keyboards
2017/09/09 14:40:54
BassDaddy
2017/09/09 14:51:11
BassDaddy
Not much info out there yet. Hope there is some good stuff.
2017/09/10 15:37:21
abacab
I saw that.  Wonder what the use case is, or advantages are, if you already use a DAW to host all your plugins?

It would seem plugin developers may still need to develop custom plugin maps for enhanced VIP integration.  And you may still need to use MIDI learn.

Maybe this is geared more to live performance, or DJ style kits?

And I see "...with your VIP compatible keyboard..." mentioned several times in the description.  Is this a NKS clone?  I noticed AKAI has some fancy new Advance keyboards all ready for VIP...
2017/09/10 20:03:53
Fleer
Seems like NI are copying the AKAI screen.
2017/09/11 00:05:38
abacab
Yup.
2017/09/11 07:50:27
werewindle
It has it's uses as sometimes I get stuck on what exact instrument I need to get the sound I want and using the Advance keyboard to literally flick through instruments and pre-sets quickly improves my workflow before I've lost the spark.
2017/09/11 14:46:47
BassDaddy
abacab
I saw that.  Wonder what the use case is, or advantages are, if you already use a DAW to host all your plugins?

It would seem plugin developers may still need to develop custom plugin maps for enhanced VIP integration.  And you may still need to use MIDI learn.

Maybe this is geared more to live performance, or DJ style kits?

And I see "...with your VIP compatible keyboard..." mentioned several times in the description.  Is this a NKS clone?  I noticed AKAI has some fancy new Advance keyboards all ready for VIP...

The use for VIP and Advance keyboards would be very similar to NI Komplete Kontrol. One place for you VSTi's with a hardware controller that handles all of your VST's and VSTi's. I have mine set up so volume is always on knob8 all the way to the right. If I'm using AAS Chromophone or NI Massive or AIR Velvet volume is always in the same place. Th VIP keyboards have full function without a comp monitor so could be used live with a laptop. VIP is not a clone of the NKS but serves essentially the same purpose. VIP maps were made by the makers of the software but now it says it is easier for the manufacturers to make their own I guess. I made of few of my own and it's not hard. Just assign parameters to knobs and buttons and save it. VIP is a great place ot make multis and layer things from different companies. And you can insert 4 FX on each multi and there are 4 or 8 busses for send return. All I need to be way happy is to be able to insert VIP into an FX bin without an instrument. When I can do that my Akai becomes a great control surface. I love it now but that would make it close to perfect for me.
2017/09/11 16:38:35
abacab
Thanks for that overview BD.  I see you are already using an Akai Advance.  How well do you like that controller?
2017/09/11 18:30:25
Ham N Egz
VIP 3.0 is also available for the first time ever as a no-charge complimentary upgrade (a $99.99 value) to owners of the following models:
Akai Professional:
  • MPK2 Series.
  • MPK Mini Series.
M-Audio:
  • Code Series.
  • Oxygen MK IV Series.
  • Axiom AIR Mini 32.
Customers owning these keyboards can download VIP in their user accounts at M-Audio and Akai Pro.
In addition, VIP 3.0 is available to 3rd-party keyboards for the first time, for an introductory $99.99 access fee available at Plugin Boutique or Plugivery Dealers.
Other notable new features include Pad Chord Progressions and Key Control processors – MIDI centric performance tools, armed with comprehensive articulation controls, that provide the ideal platform to explore new musical possibilities by harmonizing root notes in real-time and playing chord progressions on pads (using either the vast factory library or the user's own fully customizable motifs).

Akai say the combination of VIP 3.0 and a compliant controller maximizes workflow and ensures a natural, creative playing experience that fuses the tactile feel of hardware with the processing capability of virtual Instruments.
With VIP 3.0, users can enhance the creative capability of any standard MIDI over USB controller thanks to all-new MIDI Learn functionality. Now artists can seamlessly custom map the controls of their MIDI controller (knobs, encoders, faders, buttons) to VIP's parameters, for effortless integration and the enhanced workflow, attributes that owners of the Akai Professional Advance Series, M-Audio's CTRL49 and the Alesis VX49 have long enjoyed.

SEE HERE  https://www.kvraudio.com/...midi-controllers-38452
2017/09/11 19:33:25
Zargg
I had this in my M-Audio account, without knowing it 
Nais 
Downloading it now. 1.7 GB..
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account