• Software
  • VIP Software V 3.0 For Your Akai, Alesis and M-Audio Keyboards (p.2)
2017/09/11 20:19:24
Vastman
Just bought an axiom air for 99 bucks to get this software...long been interested in akai's  approach and essentially get the axiom for free!
2017/09/11 21:39:45
BassDaddy
abacab
Thanks for that overview BD.  I see you are already using an Akai Advance.  How well do you like that controller?

I really like it. One thing I was concerned about when I was research was some people said the action was a bit stiff. This bothered me because as a guitar player I would get a small amount of pain when using my Edirol at times. Just the slight amount of pressure I used still was painful on occasion. I can bang away on a bass or guitar and no problems but I don't want to do anything to put wear on tendons and such. Anyone over 50 knows what I mean. Happy thing is with the Akai the stiffer action may be acting as a shock absorber. That's my theory anyway. I wouldn't know how stiff is stiff on a keyboard it doesn't push hard or need any strength to play. Most my other MIDI boards felt pretty cheap and plastic-y but the Akai seems like a proper piece of Professional gear. 8 big knobs which I like a lot and the big colored pads can be used as mute pads in the mixer. Love the layering with up to 8 separate channels.
2017/09/11 22:02:00
abacab
Sounds worth looking into.  Fusing the hardware controllers with virtual instruments would appear to be the holy grail. 
2017/09/12 03:20:16
Fleer
Hey, I've got an Axiom AIR Mini 32 lying around. Thanks, Ham N Egz!
2017/09/12 03:26:38
Fleer
Zargg
I had this in my M-Audio account, without knowing it 
Nais 
Downloading it now. 1.7 GB..

Where did you find it in your account, Z?
2017/09/12 12:44:09
abacab
That make the M-Audio Code 49 look really tempting (includes VIP 3.0) ...

http://www.m-audio.com/products/view/code-49

2017/09/12 12:52:44
BassDaddy
Yeah, the Code 49 looks like a honey.
2017/09/12 12:54:08
abacab
BassDaddy
abacab
Thanks for that overview BD.  I see you are already using an Akai Advance.  How well do you like that controller?

I really like it. One thing I was concerned about when I was research was some people said the action was a bit stiff. This bothered me because as a guitar player I would get a small amount of pain when using my Edirol at times. Just the slight amount of pressure I used still was painful on occasion. I can bang away on a bass or guitar and no problems but I don't want to do anything to put wear on tendons and such. Anyone over 50 knows what I mean. Happy thing is with the Akai the stiffer action may be acting as a shock absorber. That's my theory anyway. I wouldn't know how stiff is stiff on a keyboard it doesn't push hard or need any strength to play. Most my other MIDI boards felt pretty cheap and plastic-y but the Akai seems like a proper piece of Professional gear. 8 big knobs which I like a lot and the big colored pads can be used as mute pads in the mixer. Love the layering with up to 8 separate channels.

Does that Akai Advance enhanced LED screen offer any significant advantages over the simple displays such as those of the Code 49, that also supports VIP.
2017/09/12 13:16:35
BassDaddy
I haven't seen a good pic of the M-Audio but the Alesis was the same size and looked the same. You wouldn't think the M-Audio would have and 2nd class feature. Look at the M-Audio site and while there see what they are offering for free software. I got a load of AIR Music Tech instruments and the big FX package. There might have been a Sonivox included too.
2017/09/12 13:26:14
BassDaddy
I went to M-Audio and the screen does look smaller. I don't look at the screen much anyway. Being able to use a full 24" monitor is part of the appeal for me. There must be a video on YouTube so you can see the screen in action.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account