2012/03/12 00:00:51
xabiton
I am considering buying Dimension Pro but I am curious as to what kind of sound libraries I can use with it. If I could load Kontakt Libraries to it that would be awesome otherwise I may skip it and just get Kontakt or Kontakt player. Anyway what are the options out there?
2012/03/12 10:27:42
AT
Kontakt libs open only in Kontakt, as far as I know.  Some libraries include the samples as wav files, which you can load into Kontakt - you'd have to look and see if those are yours.  Of course, you'd have to program DimPro or any other sampler w/ those.

The Kontakt player is free, but some 3rd party libraries will open only in "demo" mode - so you have 15 minutes to do any work w/ them before the player shuts down w/ them.  If you have a Kontakt library(ies) (that comes w/ the player), that/they will be fully functional in the player.

So it is kinda of a crapshoot unless you plunk down for the full Kontakt.  I would try the free player w/ your libraries and seeif they work before deciding between Kontakt or DimPro.  DimPro, if not as universal w/ libs as Kontakt, has its own charms and is a hell of a lot cheaper.  And if you spring for the full Kontakt, you'll be buying more libs most likely.

@
2012/03/12 13:50:08
xabiton
I have seen some samplers that do open kontakt libraries but I was wondering because I am deciding between the 2. For $35 Dimension Pro seems like a no brainer right now but if I can't use all of the libraries out there for it and few developers are making libraries for it then whats the point? I have the player now and I think I will stick with it for now. Thank you
2012/03/13 00:36:24
AT
DimPro for $35 is very good.  There are lots of SFZ sounds out there, and it comes w/ a substantial if basic one.  A lot depends upon what kind of music you do, but the dimensions sounds in DimPro have some wild sound scapes, along w/ a respectable assortment of acoustic instruments.  Check the Cake store for a list of extra sample libs available, and elsewhere for SFZ libs.  Even if they are not DimPro specific, the SFZ format
includes a lot more than just keyboard arrangement.

@
2012/03/13 01:28:48
xabiton
I am primarily doing R&b Neo-Soul Hip Hop and playing a little with synth pop. I was looking at DimPro because its a cheap option and I hear mostly great things about it but if its as limited as it sounds as far as libraries are concerned I may just go get Komplete and all it a day. But $35 is tempting I may get it just to have it at that price.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account