2017/04/28 08:38:23
musichoo
I have reason 8 and I hardly use that. Maybe I am to lazy too learn a new work flow and also due to the lack of vst support. Well now things might change. I am curious at what Splat and reason user think?
2017/04/28 08:42:53
backwoods
2017/04/28 10:11:50
ProjectM
Wow! I never saw this coming! This changes the game for the Props. I still miss Reason as a synth rack thing and probably won't get involved. But I know some Reason users who will be VERY happy with this
2017/04/28 12:17:05
jereb
I Am Ecstatic!!
2017/04/28 13:49:32
Fog
ProjectM
Wow! I never saw this coming! This changes the game for the Props. I still miss Reason as a synth rack thing and probably won't get involved. But I know some Reason users who will be VERY happy with this

glad I'm not the only one.. I use it as a rack and sketchpad, but they focus on DAW usage, which is a pity.

as for vst support.. sure 2.4 support.. bet vst3 support is reason 10..

they got nagged for it for YEARS, I asked them for 2 default songs when starting (1 rewired / 1 normal) and they never implemented it.

they release really stable code, and if you ain't got high end sound cards etc. it's more sympathetic to that than other things were.

I saw reason from v1 alpha at work (when m-audio came into show it off).. and thats going back to feb/march 2000.

I skipped the update , when 8 came out.. I did buy it for v9.. I think they realise they have to want users to justify the update cost, like all other pro audio makers.

2017/04/28 15:24:32
Fleer
Yessssss!
2017/04/28 16:01:32
abacab
Hmmmmm!  The only reason (ha!) that I never even bothered to demo Reason was for the lack of VST support.

This could be huge!
2017/04/28 17:14:31
JonD
musichoo
I have reason 8 and I hardly use that...

Same here.  Now and then it's fun and distracting to get in there and patch stuff, but ultimately the instruments/FX show their limitations, and I go back to making music with Sonar (and my gazillion VSTs).

Now I'm thinking I need to upgrade to v9.  First, because 9.5 will be a free update -- but also because it may transpire that v9 becomes known as the last stable version of Reason...
2017/04/28 17:17:36
abacab
I'm wondering if Reason Essentials will provide VST support?  It currently offers unlimited instrument tracks.
2017/04/28 19:42:57
mcdonalk
This is very interesting news. My wife has been using Reason for about 10 years, and she is very pleased that she will now be able to use her Korg M1 and Wavestation VST's from within Reason. (Up until now, she had been playing these VST's standalone in realtime.) The Reason platform has been very stable and trouble-free for her.

I have been a Sonar user since the '80's, and I must admit that this development makes Reason seem like an attractive alternative to Sonar for me. The foibles that are often introduced with the well-meaning Monthly Sonar upgrades reveal that the regression test effort for many releases is inadequate and/or not thorough. I don't really expect them to be, given this timetable. Also, it has been 1.5 years since I have purchased Rapture Pro, and I am still unable to use it, with Sonar technical support only responding to my initial trouble report about every 6-9 months or so. (They contacted me in January and asked me if I still needed help, to which I replied, "yes! yes! yes!" I have not heard from then since.) I am often afraid to upgrade, and I have not experienced that kind of fear with any other software application, although I admit that Sonar is among the most complex.

Now, I won't expect technical support from Propellerhead, but if my wife's experience is any indication, it will not be required. Every upgrade she has purchased, although not monthly, has been a quality bug-free release. Hopefully that quality will continue when VST support is implemented.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account