• Software
  • Reason 9.5 with vst support (p.2)
2017/04/28 19:52:08
interpolated
Funny thing is Propellerheads said it would never ever happen.
Reason was one of my first programs before I used before [cough]Cubase[/cough] and Sonar. Which was a great way to learn about routing hardware even if it is indeed virtual.

I know the sequencer has improved since I used it however it's one of programs which in the past had it's internal limitations unless you just used it as a Rewire Slave. Which with some DAW caused extra latency issues. Sonar does have it's complications however it can be easy or hard as you want it to be.

2017/04/28 20:52:15
Fleer
Anyone who heavily invested in RE-versions of his VST's might be somewhat less happy.
2017/04/28 21:04:50
backwoods
they have sorted PDC for vsts and Res too
2017/04/28 23:48:43
kitekrazy1
abacab
I'm wondering if Reason Essentials will provide VST support?  It currently offers unlimited instrument tracks.

Yes it will.
2017/04/28 23:51:44
kitekrazy1
ProjectM
Wow! I never saw this coming! This changes the game for the Props. I still miss Reason as a synth rack thing and probably won't get involved. But I know some Reason users who will be VERY happy with this

I doubt it will be a game changer for anyone to drop their other DAWs and jump to Reason.  I'm far from thrilled. I liked the proprietary environment. It was the most stable DAW I have. Maybe they should have turned Thor and Maelstrom into VSTs instead.
2017/04/29 01:48:42
Fleer
Happy camper here. Already loved the MIDI and Chord apps in Reason 9. Now I'll be able to use Neutron and Ozone. Swede indeed.
2017/05/02 06:55:09
TerraSin
I'm not sure what to think. Prop has had one foot out the door for quite a few years now. With the recent news that they sold, I'm torn between it being a Cakewalk style decision that might save them or this being the last chance to make money from everyone who is excited about the update then close up shop. The past few updates they've done have been very "meh" worthy. The only thing really exciting about the update to 9 was the pitch correction but being that I already have Melodyne, I was less than excited considering how many other major issues Reason has yet to deal with that have been plaguing the program for years.

I'm still burned from buying into 6.5
2017/05/02 23:05:49
kitekrazy1
 Maybe they will release some of their stuff into VSTs.  I love Redrum.  Even with VST support I will probably still use Reason "old school".
2017/05/12 23:17:57
jereb
Yes, Essentials will definitely offer VSTs
2017/05/12 23:23:34
jereb
I Absolutely Love Reason. It Allows Your Imagination to Dictate the Technology and Not the Other Way Around.

I Believe the VSTs will be the death nail for all other DAWs, including, um, Platinum...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account