• Software
  • Reason 9.5 with vst support (p.3)
2017/05/13 05:29:09
kitekrazy1
jereb
I Absolutely Love Reason. It Allows Your Imagination to Dictate the Technology and Not the Other Way Around.

I Believe the VSTs will be the death nail for all other DAWs, including, um, Platinum...

Best sarcastic post I've read so far.  Fanboy alert!
2017/05/13 15:07:38
JonD
The other attraction for Reason, that I haven't seen mentioned, is their SSL 9000-modeled mixing console.  I doubt anyone's going to spend $399 just for that, but Reason Essentials has the console and is $69. 

Or, if you already own Reason v8 (Like me and Shi-hwei) it's a $129 upgrade to the VST version.  Coincidentally I'm also looking at the same price upgrade for Mixbus 32c v4. 

Since I plan on sticking with Sonar for MIDI production, it's down to Mixbus or Reason for mixing audio stems.  So, the Harrison or SSL 9000 console?  Not likely to get both, so I'll be doing the "wait and see" game to find out which one everyone's talking about (in a good way) in six months.
2017/05/13 20:02:40
Fog
if you watched the live stream from props the other day , there is a few "gotcha's"

e.g. the synths etc that use midti /audio stuff . I'm guessing things like sugar bytes artillery and a few more things like that.

neutron is another interesting one as it's the the "guess" function.. which well depends on how reason is dealing with the audio and summing perhaps/

you use vst's in that, you can't use them in rewire.. which is a pity, in the sense of they should have a sort of export function to help with that perhaps.

it's a start, but not enough.

and things with none standard browsers without fxp / fxb are still a pain ;-)

2017/05/14 01:16:14
abacab
I downloaded the Reason 9 trial today.  Just had a few questions, and naturally went looking for their forum.

Guess what?  They discontinued their forums over two years ago!  Yup!
https://www.propellerheads.se/blog/an-end-of-an-era

Uninstalled ... sorry ...
2017/05/14 01:25:35
dubdisciple
This is mixed news to me.

I like that some good plugins will be available to Reason users.
I hate that it will likely reduce some of the stability that has always been one of the better aspects of Reason.

I liked that Reason forced you to work within the box instead of accumulating a bunch of plugins you never mastered.
i hated that you were not able to use that plugin you already knew inside out.

I have noticed over the years that hardcore reason user tended to have a better mastery over how to use stock plugins and instruments than the average user of other DAWS and their music seemed to sound just as good.  Not sure if that speaks to the quality of built-in plug-ins or the value of taking the time to learn to make the most of what you have before going plug-in crazy.  I guess part of me feels like they just got rid of what made them unique.
2017/05/14 01:33:52
abacab
Plus the user manual for Reason Essentials is 700+ pages, and the full Reason manual is 1100+ pages.  I think if I am going to learn another DAW, I will opt for Cubase, LOL! 
2017/05/14 02:28:19
Fleer
Reason + vst = pure emotion. Love ittah.
2017/05/14 02:42:06
JonD
abacab
I downloaded the Reason 9 trial today.  Just had a few questions, and naturally went looking for their forum.

Guess what?  They discontinued their forums over two years ago!  Yup!
https://www.propellerheads.se/blog/an-end-of-an-era

Uninstalled ... sorry ...

Well, in fairness, that's more a reflection of where they were two years ago.  It does say "an end of an era", and suggests they saw the writing on the wall...

Which brings us to today.  If adding VST support doesn't signal a new era for Reason, I don't know what would....

My guess is the forums will be back online (somewhere) shortly.  Where else would be complain about our VSTs crashing Reason?!
2017/05/14 15:51:20
TerraSin
dubdiscipleI like that some good plugins will be available to Reason users.
I hate that it will likely reduce some of the stability that has always been one of the better aspects of Reason.

I've seen this said for years but I still don't understand why this is even an issue. Adding VSTs isn't going to make the software any less stable than it is unless the plugin itself has issues. This is why there is a testing stage of development before a product is released but Prop has always been adamant about using this excuse and thus it caught on to users saying it.
2017/05/14 15:53:52
TerraSin
abacabGuess what?  They discontinued their forums over two years ago!  Yup!

Yup, when 6.5 came out a lot of users felt bamboozled after we purchased and found out the cost of REs, that buying REs didn't also give you the other formats the plugins might have, that 6.5 was pretty bare bones as far as what you got and that they didn't fix half the stuff we were asking to be fixed.

There was a lot of outcry about this on their forums and rather than address the issues people were having, they simply shut down their forums.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account