• Software
  • Reason 9.5 with vst support (p.5)
2017/05/18 01:07:58
kitekrazy1
Meanwhile check out the RE sale at the Prop Shop.  I don't really plan on using many VSTs in Reason. I always like Reason because it was a different way of creating music.  In this age that can be a hard sell. VST support will probably bring former users back but I doubt new users.

I kept checking me email for a beta invite. None yet. 
2017/05/20 16:14:30
guz75
I don't really understand the mentality towards platform stability, either from PH, or from users here. The stability of the software isn't going to be affected by this implementation, there is of course the possibility that a plugin - or a combination of plugins - might cause an issue, as is the case with any VST compatible platform, but you don't have to use VST plugins if you're concerned it will affect stability. Without them it will behave as well as it did before.

I've been fortunate enough to have had access to the beta for a week now and have been using the combinator to build complex synths using VST instruments and effects, I've also tested stuff like halion, kontact, omnisphere, amplitube and a whole load of different VST synths and I can report zero issues so far, it is a logging version of the software so it is a little sluggish sometimes, but it is behaving in the same way as previous logging betas have.

I can't guarantee I won't post this and then suddenly have a load of crashes, but I'ts done around 18-20 hours testing without issue so I'd be happy to say stability isn't too much of an issue so far and for those that aren't convinced I'll repeat, YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE VST PLUGINS!
2017/05/20 16:18:25
kitekrazy1
 The beta is a crashfest for my system.  This happened with the 9 beta as well.  I'll wait for the official release.
2017/05/22 17:17:57
dubdisciple
guz75
I don't really understand the mentality towards platform stability, either from PH, or from users here. The stability of the software isn't going to be affected by this implementation, there is of course the possibility that a plugin - or a combination of plugins - might cause an issue, as is the case with any VST compatible platform, but you don't have to use VST plugins if you're concerned it will affect stability. Without them it will behave as well as it did before.

I've been fortunate enough to have had access to the beta for a week now and have been using the combinator to build complex synths using VST instruments and effects, I've also tested stuff like halion, kontact, omnisphere, amplitube and a whole load of different VST synths and I can report zero issues so far, it is a logging version of the software so it is a little sluggish sometimes, but it is behaving in the same way as previous logging betas have.

I can't guarantee I won't post this and then suddenly have a load of crashes, but I'ts done around 18-20 hours testing without issue so I'd be happy to say stability isn't too much of an issue so far and for those that aren't convinced I'll repeat, YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE VST PLUGINS!

addding extra variables typically increases the odds of instability.  Nothing too complicated. It's kind of like the Mac vs PC stability debate.  It's not so much that Mac OS is any more or less stable.  They simply have less variables of hardware components to account for.
2017/09/19 17:06:13
Resonant Serpent
Two solid days of use, and zero problems, glitches, or crashes. You can't rewire into another host while using VSTs, but I kind of expected that. Incredible amount of fun. Haven't used it since 2.5, so a lot of new functions. Recording audio in Reason still feels weird. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account