• Software
  • How to turn Cardboard Boxes into real Drums with SD3.0 (p.2)
2017/09/18 19:55:17
yorolpal
It originally identified it as a ride cymbal, if memory serves.

2017/09/18 20:18:38
msorrels
Having tried a number of simple mixed drum loops, including ones made with the SD3 default kit and its own simple MIDI files, I sure couldn't get great results out of it.  The "AI" blows.

2017/09/18 21:32:31
ProjectM
Well, learning to use it is part of the process I guess. I took 3 mins out of a stereo overhead mic setup and converted it into MIDI for a full kit. It missed one kick beat and confused one hi-hat bell hit for the ride. Otherwise perfect in time and got everything else right. In my experience, the tracker holds it promise very well. YMMV
2017/09/18 21:57:19
BassDaddy
ProjectM
Well, learning to use it is part of the process I guess. I took 3 mins out of a stereo overhead mic setup and converted it into MIDI for a full kit. It missed one kick beat and confused one hi-hat bell hit for the ride. Otherwise perfect in time and got everything else right. In my experience, the tracker holds it promise very well. YMMV

There you go. Learning how to use it might show what it can and can't do. Some of them might be the long way around the barn but the short way isn't always the best. I would love to have a Neil Peart midi library. A Ringo midi library and all I have to do is build it? I like the crap out of this! Making real drums sound like a Quaker Oats kit or make a Quaker Oats kit sound real one. If memory serves, Jack Black has already done both anyway.  
2017/09/18 22:00:10
ProjectM
Remember that you can load up your own samples in it too - meaning you can sample anything making a sound and convert the finest drum playing onto pieces of junk. Literally 😉😉
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account