2017/09/17 03:30:04
soens
I bought Mixbus 2.5 a while ago. Apparently MOST of the "included" plugins are only teasers. They fade to black once you open them and say "You don't have a license for this... Go to our website and pay $100 each for them." What's more, after paying for them they only work in Mixbus. I can see a limited or demo version but this is like pushing you off a cliff. They will function but you have about 2 seconds to make any adjustments before they black out on you.
2017/09/18 14:43:28
bapu
Mixbus plugins are in a format known as LV2, not VST so they will never work in any DAW that does not support LV2.

2017/09/18 14:44:52
bapu
BTW, they do on sale from time to time. Typically 40-50% off.

2017/09/18 18:09:30
ampfixer
The plugs I've bought have all been outstanding. For my application of Mixbuss I only need a couple.
2017/09/18 18:16:44
bapu
I bought nearly every "extra" plug on sale. I do own them all. Very good stuff there. They all do what it says on the tin.

The reverb is pretty nice but I feel I do have better.
2017/09/18 20:38:43
kennywtelejazz
soens
I bought Mixbus 2.5 a while ago. Apparently MOST of the "included" plugins are only teasers. They fade to black once you open them and say "You don't have a license for this... Go to our website and pay $100 each for them." What's more, after paying for them they only work in Mixbus. I can see a limited or demo version but this is like pushing you off a cliff. They will function but you have about 2 seconds to make any adjustments before they black out on you.

I understand what you are saying . Yet, to be perfectly honest, your view point is a little off

#1 , Ben Harrison has said it many times on the Mixbus forum that "ALL" the included plugins in Mixbus are fully functional .
Sure they do want you to buy the plugs but they kept them functional so Mixbus users can collaborate .

Yes, On first glace the Mixbus plugs a person has not purchased look like they are in demo mode .
Sure , they may switch onto a fast GUI demo mode look , the thing is they are still fully functional.....
I will get to that later on in this post 

The main reason for that was to enable Mixbus user's to collaborate using Mixbus regardless of whether a users plugs were licensed or not ...(unlicensed )

Example ,

Mixbus user A has a Mixbus project that is being sent to Mixbus user B .
Mixbus user A 's Mixbus project makes use of many of the high end Mixbus plugs that Mixbus user A spent money on ...
Mixbus user B on the other hand is only running Mixbus with out having purchased many of the plugs Mixbus user A had purchased ...If this was any other DAW company Mixbus user B would be S. O.L.  they would be hard pressed to be able to collaborate with  Mixbus user A because they didn't have the plugs ....

According to Ben Harrison Mixbus was designed to make it easy on Mixbus users that wanted to share and collaborate using Mixbus ....
Mixbus user A (in my example) can send Mixbus user B a Mixbus project and Mixbus user B's project will sound exactly the same as user A's because even though user B had not unlocked the plugs by buying them , the project will open and the plugs will function exactly as they were set in Mixbus user A 's SONG 

Now as far as being able to access the plugs and putting them to use (if you haven't bought them) that in itself is pretty easy ....
Typical screen shot where the plug will look like this before it glazes over and say's unlicensed 

when the plug is in this mode you may have to close it and reopen it to adjust while the short window is still there ...

A much better option when using an unlicensed Mixbus plug is to right click the plug and use the generic interface
This View  does not time out super fast like the other view does

Here is a screenshot of the same unlicensed Plug

I have bought a good number of the Harrison plugs and I think they are excellent ...
I tend to use the ones I bought , the plugs I haven't bought I don't use all that much , when I do it is just to get a feel for whether I may want to buy the plugs I don't have yet ....

Either Way I have explained "the workaround"

all the best,

Kenny

2017/09/18 20:43:08
bapu
Thanks for writing that Kenny.

I wanted to explain that part too but at the time I posted I was having a massive headache and couldn't bring myself to try and do that in depth of a post.
2017/09/19 00:31:22
clintmartin
I haven't bought any of them, and I won't.
Early on I made a rule for myself that whatever I buy needs to work in all my daws.
I'm sure the Harrison stuff is great, but I have plenty of everything.
2017/09/19 00:52:26
bapu
clintmartin
Early on I made a rule for myself that whatever I buy needs to work in all my daws.

Great plan. I wish I had that fortitude.
2017/09/19 00:53:39
bapu
clintmartin

So, did you buy a non-SONAR version of Breverb 2, TH2 and TH3?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account