2017/09/18 13:20:05
sergiosimoes
bapu
However, make sure your installer(s) are well saved because at some point Waves may no longer host them.

How can I get those installers? The only installer we have is Waves Central. Right?
2017/09/18 13:25:48
bapu
sergiosimoes
bapu
However, make sure your installer(s) are well saved because at some point Waves may no longer host them.

How can I get those installers? The only installer we have is Waves Central. Right?

Yes, my bad. Sorry.

I was having a V8 flash back. I'll have to go with V9 should always be available via Waves Central even after V10.
2017/09/18 13:35:57
Fleer
I had a V8 flash back juance.
2017/09/18 13:44:33
cclarry
I coulda had a V8 
2017/09/18 13:47:59
msorrels
Considering Waves lets users download back to V6 still, I'd say there isn't any reason to worry.  Worst case they make it so you can't mix V9 and V10 at the same time.  If they were to do that (not likely), you'd either have to skip/not update any V10 products you have (due to still being under WUP) or purchase WUP for everything.  Waves will likely come up with some sort of solution.  They do have big problems though with this round, since there isn't any operating system reason you need to upgrade.  That's going to make it a hard sell.  Just adding new UI improvements to their older legacy plugins is going to be a lot of work for them.
2017/09/18 14:15:00
Fleer
cclarry
I coulda had a V8 

I'm gonna WUP yo azz
2017/09/18 16:01:10
BassDaddy
Grem
BobF

That sounds familiar.  Does Waves sell Gear Credits?

I'll get Bapu's coat ...

LOL!!

LOL indeed! Actually you can't buy WUP with Gear Credits but you can with Jam Points. But only 30% of the Jam Points go toward the WUP and the voucher only gets you 30% of the most recent Gear Credit purchase toward the WUP or the Gear Credits, which ever comes first. That doesn't sound right, let me start over... If you're on a train in Cleveland...
2017/09/18 16:01:14
Grem
sergiosimoes
bapu

Using WC, you can create a Off-Line Installer. You could make one, use it to verify it works correctly and installs everything right, and back that up. 

I would advise to run the installer you create and check ALL your plugins to make sure they are working. I have had times where I thought it was all installed and when I went for a certain plug that I knew I had, it wasn't there. Long story short, support suggested to create another Off-Line Installer and see if that works. Sometimes some of the individual installers get corrupted they said.
2017/09/18 16:07:41
BassDaddy
You know, now that Waves is into the $29 plugin big time the voucher for the WUP is a lot more usable. I was never tempted to spend $150 for a $199 plugin but $7.50 off a $29er is a good thing. Actually $23 or so at the discounters, not $29.
2017/09/18 16:08:27
cclarry
Waves WUP is CAPPED at $300...you have to make sure
you're checking THIS Check box..

I hereby confirm that I run all products on one machine at a time

Once you do that, the price will be adjusted to the capped amount
- 25 % (sale) $225

And STILL Cheaper to go with EveryPlugin

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account