2011/08/03 08:58:37
zoebisch
 Hello, 

I have a MacOS Lion and tried to install Dimension Pro. Unfortunately, the installation aborts. The technical Support off Cakewalk is very bad. It was only the advice from their website and the statement that Dimension Pro is not compatible with MacOS Lion. (after SIX requests) It is investigating! SUPER! 

Hello Cakewalk, Hello! Here is the solution! 
The directory "/Library/Preferences' needs more rights. Once "everyone" to give all rights. And install everything and reset the rights. DONE! 
You should customize the installer or the license file move it elsewhere. 

Sincerely

2011/08/04 06:27:51
samleemd
I'm not sure I understand.  In any case, can anyone from Cakewalk address this issue?  I am having problems installing both Dim Pro and Rapture onto my new Macbook Air with OS X Lion.  Is a future update going to fix this?  Do we have an ETA?  Thanks!
2011/08/04 13:11:51
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Hello,

We are aware of some issues with Lion and our instruments.  At this time it is not officially supported.  We are still investigating further and will provide more information as soon as it is available.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
2011/08/16 19:59:10
nebulae
Looks like the authorizing tool is written in code that is no longer supported by Lion. 
2011/08/16 20:01:55
nebulae
nebulae

Looks like the authorizing tool is written in code that is no longer supported by Lion. 

Attached Image(s)

2011/09/07 10:35:56
nebulae
So any update on this yet? I really want to use Rapture and Dimension Pro asap. I know the synths will work, but I just can't install them because the installer is written in older code. Surely this is an easy fix. Please advise!!
2011/09/19 12:55:29
lightningmusic
Anyone found a workaround to get DimPro installed on OSX Lion?
2011/09/20 03:12:10
abrunton
I'm starting to think Cakewalk will sell us a Rapture & Dim Pro 2 rather than making a working installer for Lion.
2011/09/20 12:47:16
Glyn Barnes
Well Cakewalk is not alone in experience compatbility issues with Lion. The NI forums indicate there are also a lot of issues with Lion and Native Instruments products.
2012/01/10 17:28:28
sonicrange

I wrote Cake support and this is the reply I received: 

"Unfortunately, we do not have a Lion installer for Dimension Pro. We understand that this is in high demand but, we do not have Lion support at this time." 

This ticks me off as I bought the full version of DimPro when it first came out plus upgraded to Sonar 8 where it came bundled. 

Can anyone assist me please? 

Cheers...... 

I should add that I did what Zoe mentioned and it did not assist the install.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account