2012/02/23 21:03:24
melodeo
I just got a new PC for my studio and have installed Dimension Pro to it (updated to 64 bit). But I have a few seemingly related issues: (1) When I click on any preset in Expansion Pack 1, I get a message: "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk3\DR3." I can press "Try again" and the program opens just fine; (2) I installed two other soundbanks (Digital Sound Factory Volume 1 and Manytone Fretless Bass--both of which I had on my old computer) but neither show up in Dim Pro, even though they're in the right folders, both samples and presets; (3) if I load a preset from either of those two soundbanks using the Program Handler button, I get the same deal with the "There is no disk..." message.

I noticed that I have Dim Pro folders both under Program Files (x86) and Program Data that both contain program folders (with presets). I copied the missing presets into both since I didn't know which Dim Pro was reading (all the other presets are there). That seems odd and I'm wondering if that's related to my problem. Am I supposed to have two sets of program folders?

Mel
2012/02/24 21:31:12
Kev999
When you migrate from one computer to another, it is best (and easier) to copy DimPro's sample content and programs across rather than installing it from scratch.  However, I am not sure whether or not this is relevant to your current problem, which may be a 64-bit issue.

2012/02/24 23:58:36
AT
DimPro (and Rapture) have two folders a lá the microsoft standard for XP and beyond.  In fact, there are several folders scattered around, once again, I believe, to conform to MS standards.

With the Cake synths I just let them install to their defaults.  I've installed DimPro on two or three new computers and never had a hitch.  Remember to hit F5 (refresh browser).

I remember the missing disk error from a long while back - maybe a search is in order.  I never suffered that problem so I never paid attention to the thread or two that popped up.

@
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account