• Software
  • Problems with more UAD plugins in 9.3 [Partially solved]
2017/08/12 03:07:45
SF_Green
So in addition to the Chandler Curvebender plugin hanging when scanned by Cakewalk Sonar's VST scanner, now the Chandler GAV, Dyntronics Panner, Eden WT800, and OTO 8-bit all hung when scanned after installing 9.3.  Since I don't own any of these, I just deleted them and it solves the problem.  Still, this is a disturbing, and apparently escalating, trend.  Anyone else see this behavior and have a better fix for this?
2017/08/12 11:37:40
Billy Buck
That is odd, I always update to each new SPlat/UAD x64 version as they are released and I have never encountered an issue with the UAD VST plugins scanning. Currently on SPlat 2017.07 and UAD v9.3. I can't say I recall any other SPlat/UAD users with VST scanning problems either. FWIW, all of the plugins mentioned are third party Softube/Brainworx UAD plug-ins. It seems to be something specific to your system and these third party UAD VST plugins. Sorry can't be of more help.

Cheers,

Billy Buck
2017/08/12 14:31:13
wst3
I didn't run into any problems with scanning either. What I did run into was a lack of funds to purchase some of the new plugins!
2017/08/12 14:38:31
smallstonefan
I've had my share of challenges with UAD but I have the new 9.3 installed and Sonar is fine with it.

Before any UAD update I do an uninstall, then I go into the Device Manager and install any UAD devices still there.

It's helped me tremendously!
2017/08/12 15:08:09
bapu
wst3
What I did run into was a lack of funds to purchase some of the new plugins!

Typical for me too.
2017/08/12 23:07:35
SF_Green
smallstonefan
I've had my share of challenges with UAD but I have the new 9.3 installed and Sonar is fine with it.

Before any UAD update I do an uninstall, then I go into the Device Manager and install any UAD devices still there.

It's helped me tremendously!

Hi smallstonefan.  Yeah, I think I'll try that.  Thanks.
2017/08/12 23:10:45
SF_Green
Billy Buck
That is odd, I always update to each new SPlat/UAD x64 version as they are released and I have never encountered an issue with the UAD VST plugins scanning. Currently on SPlat 2017.07 and UAD v9.3. I can't say I recall any other SPlat/UAD users with VST scanning problems either. FWIW, all of the plugins mentioned are third party Softube/Brainworx UAD plug-ins. It seems to be something specific to your system and these third party UAD VST plugins. Sorry can't be of more help.

Cheers,

Billy Buck

Thanks, Billy Buck.  I did read that others had issues with the Chandler Curvebender, but didn't see anything over on the UA boards about other people having trouble with all the plugins I had.  I think I will try SSF's suggestion of uninstalling and re-installing.  Sounds like a good first step.
2017/08/12 23:14:39
SF_Green
wst3
I didn't run into any problems with scanning either. What I did run into was a lack of funds to purchase some of the new plugins!

LOL!  I also have that problem, especially now, since I'm currently out of work.

Bapu, I checked your Gear Homepage a while ago and seems to me you had no lack of UA plugs!
Of course the way they've been cranking them out for the last 2 or 3 years it would be hard to keep up.  I think 4 years ago I had 90% of their plugins, now it's about 50%.
2017/08/22 16:40:52
baudze
Did you ever find a solution for this issue? I'm having the same problem. Updated my UAD software to 9.3 yesterday and the VST Scan now hangs while scanning the UAD 4K Buss Compressor. I can cancel the scan, but attempting to use any UAD VSTs hangs Sonar :(
2017/08/22 19:27:47
SF_Green
baudze
Did you ever find a solution for this issue? I'm having the same problem. Updated my UAD software to 9.3 yesterday and the VST Scan now hangs while scanning the UAD 4K Buss Compressor. I can cancel the scan, but attempting to use any UAD VSTs hangs Sonar :(

Only a partial solution, and basically brute force.  So when it hangs during scanning, it apparently has successfully scanned the plugin it hung on, but fails to proceed to the next.  So I would open Sonar and let it scan until it hung, then close Sonar, open the Task Manager and kill the VST Scan, then open Sonar again and let it scan until the next plug that it hung on, and repeating this process until it got all the way through my plugins.  Once I had done that, all the plugins were available, even the ones that had hung and everything worked at that point.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account