2014/12/30 12:19:54
stickman393
I've actually started using dummy Track Folders because you can expand them and double-click and write directly in the Notes field... it's pretty nice. Based on a tip from Craig Anderson..
2014/12/31 15:30:56
mettelus
scook
The Project Info screen opens maximized but does not have to stay that way

I just opened this for the first time in over 10 years and even resizing this window it is 1) linked to the main SONAR UI (which I want maximized) and 2) cannot be floated off the main parent area. If this feature had its own resizing (not linked to the parent) and could be moved to a second monitor (or even the dock) it would be more useful.

I definitely like the ability to have a text file that would show all notes created in text fields within a project in one file (dynamically rendered, could be even simple RTF format), as this would allow for timeline-based notes to be very useful.

Just a few moments with "Project->Info..." made me realize it had slipped under the radar for so long.
2015/01/10 10:11:15
wpiechowski
To extend the idea, I dream of a button that immediately does two things at once: pause audio and create a text note at current time (with some options to move the anchor time or stick it to a clip)
2015/01/10 13:35:56
tlw
Sounds like a good idea to me. Like Bob I keep notepad files of stuff to do with the project (hardware synth patch plus synth performance notes for example), but accessing it all within Sonar would be very helpful. The current track note in the inspector is useful, but notes per clip, per marker etc. would be much better.
2015/01/21 07:45:49
subtlearts
good ideas here.
2015/01/21 07:53:14
Kamikaze

To VOTE, click on the 5 stars on the first post.
2015/01/21 18:26:05
skinnybones lampshade
These are some excellent ideas. The more the screen can be used like a piece of paper; i.e. written on exactly where you want, in whichever size or colour you want in your own quirky/odd/incomprehensible- to-anybody-but-you personal shorthand, the better!
2015/01/21 18:39:40
skinnybones lampshade
I just realized that my previous post might have come off as sarcastic; it was absolutely sincere.
I have my own strange way of marking up my own songs after I've made my initial handwritten notes. If I think of two different words that might fit somewhere just right, I write one on the main line, and the alternate right above it. If the alternate wording would change the direction of the lyrics at another point in the song, I insert certain symbols at both places, etc. etc.

It's for this reason that I still do all of my initial song writing with paper and pencil. But I love it whenever the gulf between the flexibility of the pencil and the rigidity of the computer is narrowed in any way. So hurray for flexible note taking and stickies!

2015/01/21 18:58:41
...wicked
I love, LOVE the idea of having what's basically "Comment Markers" as a new marker type on the timeline. That way they're collapsed until you hover over them and you can make time-based notes. Bonus points if you could pin them to a clip as an option.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account