2011/11/10 23:56:05
mleghorn
I don't know what happened, but lately z3ta+ 2 has become unusable to me because it keeps switching to the showcase bank. Any ideas?

Thanks!
2011/11/11 10:20:41
Bob Currie
Hi Mike,

2.0 or 2.1?

~Bob
2011/11/11 11:19:46
mleghorn
Bob Currie [Cakewalk
]

Hi Mike,

2.0 or 2.1?

~Bob

Actually, it's 2.1. -- the one released in mid August. (Was there a 2.0?)

Also I should add, I'm using z3ta2 in a simple instrument track, and I'm using the most recent version of X1, with all the patches etc.., 64-bit, in windows 7. I'm creating the simple instruments tracks using a track template. I'll try it without using a track template and see if that makes a difference. Is there possibly a midi event that z3ta thinks is a bank change command? I looked at the event view and didn't see anything suspicious.

Another possibly significant detail: I'm using screen sets. The bank change seems to happen when I switch to another screen set.

Thanks
2011/11/11 15:09:59
Bob Currie
Z3TA+ 2.0 shipped in early August.  The 2.1 update shipped in early October with a number of bug fixes - one of them sounds like yours.  Can you you try downloading the update and let me know if it works?  Thanks!

~Bob
2011/11/12 12:34:26
mleghorn
Bob Currie [Cakewalk
]

Z3TA+ 2.0 shipped in early August.  The 2.1 update shipped in early October with a number of bug fixes - one of them sounds like yours.  Can you you try downloading the update and let me know if it works?  Thanks!

~Bob
I took your advice and downloaded the latest update, the problem is resolved.

Thanks!

2011/11/12 14:20:17
mleghorn
Actually I spoke too soon. The problem is back. The patch keeps switching back to the Showcase bank. 

The version of z3ta I'm using is dated 9/29/2011. Is that the right version? I noticed that the install program indicated it was version 2.1.

Again, I'm using X1-C, 64-bit, Windows 7 (64-bit).

The problem seems to happen when re-use an existing project with midi in a z3ta track, then clear out all the midi (to start fresh). 

I'll try deleting the z3ta simple-instrument tracks, and deleting the z3ta instances from the synth rack, and starting with new z3ta simple-instrument tracks to see if the problem goes away (as a work around, of course).

Thanks.
2011/11/12 14:34:57
mleghorn
Update: The problem seems to happen when I start playing right on a z3ta note -- the the patch changes to the Showcase bank. 

The problem DOES NOT happen when I start playing before the z3ta notes start. 

So, as a work around, I have to tippy-toe through a mine field of z3ta notes -- I have to make sure that whenever I press play (i.e. space bar), I'm not sitting on a z3ta note. Yikes!

I want to continue to use z3ta2, because I need some of the sounds for my project (synthesizer arrangement of Holst's Planets) -- but this is becoming tricky :-)
2011/11/12 18:36:47
Bob Currie
Hi Mike,

This is strange.  Just to be sure that you're 2.0 version isn't still hanging around somehow, click on the "Cakewalk Z3TA+2" logo and check the product version at the bottom of the "About" screen.  If it's 2.1, give us a detailed recipe of what patches you're using, etc. - we'll have to test here and see if we can reproduce the problem.  Let me know - thanks!

~Bob
2011/11/13 10:24:51
mleghorn
Bob Currie [Cakewalk
]

Hi Mike,

This is strange.  Just to be sure that you're 2.0 version isn't still hanging around somehow, click on the "Cakewalk Z3TA+2" logo and check the product version at the bottom of the "About" screen.  If it's 2.1, give us a detailed recipe of what patches you're using, etc. - we'll have to test here and see if we can reproduce the problem.  Let me know - thanks!

~Bob

Hi Bob, 

I double-checked the version by looking at it on the bottom of the "About" screen -- it's 2.1. (I'm also seeing the option to select other tunings.) It doesn't seem to matter which patches I use, but here are a couple I've been using lately which keep changing on me:

factory content / pads/ Binaural Voyage
factory content / pads/ Generic Saw Pad

They both change to factory content / showcase / FM Hall Practice F1.

I also tried reproducing the problem with these patches in two new projects:

Project 1: Using my customized "Normal" template, which has a couple busses with Uhbik-A for reverb (by Urs Heckman). In this case I was able to reproduce the problem.

Project 2: Using a pre-defined Cakewalk template, "16 Track Audio". In this case I was NOT able to reproduce the problem.

I hope this information is helpful.

Thanks!

2011/11/15 08:17:44
Bob Currie
Hi Mike,

Can you send me your modified 'Normal.cwt' in a PM?  Thanks!

~Bob
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account