2011/11/16 14:45:31
mleghorn
Bob Currie [Cakewalk
]

Hi Mike,

Can you send me your modified 'Normal.cwt' in a PM?  Thanks!

~Bob

I tried sending the file as an attachment -- via PM to you -- but kept getting "upload failed" error. Would you like to PM me an email address I can send the attachment to?

Thanks.
2011/11/16 22:50:40
Bill Jackson [Cakewalk]
Hi Mike,

Just a guess... But SONAR tracks have a Bank and Patch field.  Make sure they're both set to 'None.'

When you hit play, SONAR may be trying to switch Z3TA+ 2 to the patch specified in on the track.
2011/11/17 13:10:52
mleghorn
Bill Jackson [Cakewalk
]

Hi Mike,

Just a guess... But SONAR tracks have a Bank and Patch field.  Make sure they're both set to 'None.'

When you hit play, SONAR may be trying to switch Z3TA+ 2 to the patch specified in on the track.

Thanks for pointing that out. I just checked. For all my z3ta2 tracks, I'm seeing that bank and patch are set to "none".
2011/11/20 13:40:06
mleghorn

Here are some more facts that might help in troubleshooting:

1) Every time I set the bank / patch to Factory Content / Showcase / Creamy Poly XS, the patch changes to Classic Tammy WRJ as soon as I play the track. Note that Classic Tammy WRJ is listed just before Creamy Poly XS in the patch selection list.

2) The problem doesn't seem to happen in simple projects that have only a few simple instrument tracks -- although I did create a piece for z3ta2 that had over 30 instances of z3ta2, but no other instruments.

3) In my project, I'm also using Zebra and ACE (by Urs Heckmann). The project as about 40 simple instrument tracks in all.

I really like Z3ta2, and hope that I can keep it in my arsenal. However, if this problem doesn't get solved, I will not be able to continue using Z3ta2. The only work around I have for now is to freeze my z3ta2 tracks, but that creates a lot of other challenges for me.

Thanks.
2012/01/26 11:15:25
mleghorn
I recently got a new laptop, and installed X1 and z3ta2 on it. I'm no longer experiencing the issue. I can't say whether it went away because of the new laptop, or because I did a fresh install of X1 and z3ta2.

Anyway, that's good news for me!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account