2014/11/29 20:40:56
EFaaT
I think it would be terrific if Cakewalk would make the dll files for the removed VSTs like VC-64 available to just place in the VST folder so we don't have to go back and reinstall X2. I had to do a partial reinstall of X2 to get R-Mix back and now I'll have to do the same for VC-64. One of you guys want to just shoot the dll to me? Thanks

Thom Ebersole
efaatmusic[at]yahoo.com
2014/11/29 20:46:40
scook
When X3 was released there was a discussion about creating a separate installer for legacy plug-ins. IIRC, most of the legacy plug-ins could be included but there contractual reasons why some of the discontinued plug-ins could not be repackaged.
2014/11/30 08:06:52
EFaaT
I don't know that it needs to be repackaged, but access to an FTP site with the dll might be nice, rather than having to go through the installer routine again. But thanks. That's what I'll do. And thanks for the reply.
2014/11/30 15:03:04
Anderton
I can confirm what scook says - contractual issues often enter into what can be done with third-party plug-ins.
2014/11/30 18:11:09
YouDontHasToCallMeJohnson
So who owns the VC plugin?
2014/11/30 18:13:20
Two months ago I replaced the OS disk and installed all anew.

No longer needed the triple boot option on this computer.

(Took more than two weeks to get everything installed and updated.)

I now have 4 versions of Sonar installed, with all the stuff that came with them. And stuff that came before, such as Vsampler, which I still use.

Uninstalling previous versions causes all kinds of sadness.
2014/11/30 22:38:24
EFaaT
No kidding. And that's my point. I recently did a full OS reinstall with reformatting. Until that point I had all 3 Sonar X Producers on the machine and access to all previous plugins. Now I only have X3 installed but I still paid for the previous versions so it would be nice if the legacy plugins [that to my knowledge don't have sunsets on them] were available without having to go through a reinstall, however limited, of previous versions. I'm just saying it would be nice if we could just grab the dll from an FTP server or something. Just a convenience thing.

And one of the guys on one of the Facebook groups [where I originally posted this] said he can't even open his songs in X3 if they have VVocal on them because he doesn't have VVocal anymore. He said they were bounced to clips and frozen so that makes no sense to me. That's a problem, but he may have other issues.

Anyway, thanks for the responses.
2014/12/01 10:54:01
Scoot
How about if they were located, or connected to the Accounts pages under 'Your Orders,Serial Number, Registration numbers', then only those who had registered them before could download them. 

I'm on the brink of setting up a new laptop. I'd like to do a stripped down version. Allow me to focus on the plugs that I do use. But it would be nice to if I changed my mind and wanted to expand it later to have a choice.

I had V-Vocal, but never got my head round it, I don't think I'd install it, but for all I know I may have a problem in 6 months time and someone will say 'have you got v-vocal, that will fix it'
2014/12/01 11:04:30
scook
That would constitute repackaging. It would be delivered in a format other than the original installer. I know it is a simple request and would be easy to do but when lawyers and contracts get in the mix, the simple may not be possible.
2014/12/12 16:56:15
If you still have the previous versions, run setup and just select the plugs you want.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account