2014/12/15 10:10:12
Scoot
8.5 is on disk for me. Disc drives seem to be phasing out.  Not all laptops have them, I'm going to change mine for a SSD at some point. Download speeds making posting a disc outdated.Imagine Sonar 6X and someone saying, if you have the discs. Will people really have disc drives on new machines in 3 years time. Yet a clean install on a operating system not envisaged at the time the 8.5 was created will mean you have to forget some little gems you have paid the licence to use.

Surely their is another solution to this than installing old discs. We are licensed to use this stuff.
2014/12/15 12:14:58
YouDontHasToCallMeJohnson
I have copied all the disks to the hard disk.

I have a series of folders in which I keep all the installation files, and original downloaded programs/plugs.

I usually delete the installation folder after installation. And just keep the original.
2015/01/19 00:56:59
Living Room Rocker
But can't we still go to our accounts and download from the list of purchases?  Why not move or copy that over to the 3C?  Or why not at least make available what other content which is not held by third-party license/contract?  Surely, all Cakewalk plug-ins can be added.  So what gives?

Kind regards,

Living Room Rocker
2015/01/21 00:10:07
mudgel
Plugins that are like that, that is. 3rd party plugins or technologies, are licenced to be packaged with particular versions of Sonar in this case. The licence is non expiring but is associated with the version with which it came. So you're not being stopped from installing and using it, you just have to install it in the way it was packaged, that is, for sale within that Sonar version.
2015/01/21 00:42:09
Living Room Rocker
So then all downloaded versions of SONAR can be made available in the 3C, thus all included plugins.  So what's the hang up?
2015/01/21 00:49:22
scook
This feature request is not about downloading complete versions of SONAR using C3. There is another request about that topic.
2015/01/21 01:03:31
yevster
YouDontHasToCallMeJohnson
So who owns the VC plugin?

VC-64 was a Cakewalk reskin of Kjaerhus Audio's Golden Audio Channel (http://www.kvraudio.com/product/golden_audio_channel_gac_1_by_kjaerhus_audio). That company,  which was either a one-man shop or very very small, went out of business years ago, leaving behind an angry throng of users who could no longer activate any plugin they bought directly from Kjaerhus with its challenge-response scheme.

I don't know if Cakewalk has the ability to contact the company's founder and secure any additional rights for VC-64, but honestly, there are much better plugs out there these days.
2015/01/21 02:21:01
mudgel
It's been discussed a myriad times already. But. The owner has not been able to be reached. It's like he got in his rocket ship and left the planet. Really, no one knows how to get in touch with him. So Cakewalk are stuck not having the right to do anything further with the IP.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account