• Software
  • Superior Drummer 3 Announced! (p.10)
2017/08/16 01:33:24
michaelhanson
BassDaddy
Pro Tools Expert Features Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNVB__3K0wc

SD3 appears to have the Tap To Find and the Time Line at the bottom, to drag and build tracks.  Those are two of the features that I love in EZD2, for the ease of song writing.  With those features, I could see myself no longer needing to use EZD2 at all; though I hope the expansions work with this.  At least all of the midi beats should.  
2017/08/16 03:19:58
mudgel
I forget exactly where, I think in FAQ on Toontrack site, that SDX and EZX are all usable in SD3. There was even mention of new graphics for the old SDX. Don't know about EZX graphics though.

SD3 feature list see 5th point from end about using both SDX and EZX.
FAQ say that new graphics for SDX. Updates in Product manager once SD3 released. I think you need SD3 to get the updated graphics.
2017/08/16 03:23:00
Bflat5
I went to their page last night to see of there's any mention of a possible SD3 coming out. Nothing. Early morning I get an email with the announcement. Kind of weird.

It looks like it is going to be seriously badass, though!!
2017/08/16 04:11:24
Fleer
Recorded in Mollywood. Oh yeah.
2017/08/16 05:59:02
Vastman
$138.54 with pay pal and 15%off personal code! Great deal.

Now to go upload keyscape and a few others... ive seen laggin!
2017/08/16 08:15:18
Glyn Barnes
Like many others here I am running out of disk space.

Recently I have really got into BFD3, I love the movable ambient mics, the groove editor and automatic drum labeling in Sonars PRV. I also splashed out on several expansions in the recent sale.

I see Toontrack have gone for flashy graphics rather than the utilitarian, low resource style of BFD 3, I have grown to prefer the later.

So I am on the fence at the moment. I like the new features and I will probably upgrade at some stage but its not urgent.
2017/08/16 10:06:36
twaddle
Obviously I'm going to agree with Glyn regarding BFD3, (just ask Bapu ) but there do look to be some nice new features in SD3 although a few of the ones that people are getting excited about are features that BFD3 and even BFD2 had 10 years ago. Loading your own samples and a propper drum grid editor being a couple and also the number of included effects. Superior 2 had something like 5 (?) and has now upped it to 35 in SD3 BFD2 had 35 10 years ago and I think BFD3 has 37.

I do really like the "totally" rescalable interface and even better, the detachable windows, this was something I'd asked for in the BFD3 feature request and whilst having it, "horizontally" extendable is useful for the mixer, a detachable and fully expandable window would have been so much better for the drum grid editor especially.

The drum replacement feature, assuming it's works as simply and effortlessly as they claim (do they ever?) looks especially good but I wonder how many people actually use drum replacemet now?
For me it was something I tried when mixing old 8 & 16 track demos that our band had recorded years ago before the digital age and I wanted to remix them with a better drum sound.

I've never really used midi loops so tap to find, as good as it is, would never be a selling point for me as I prefer to create my own drum tracks to go with my own songs not the other way round.

Steve
2017/08/16 14:49:18
mixmkr
Newbie question..
With the UK sites, etc...if you live in the US...  you just use your Paypal like normal? Just pay the UK site.  Then you go to Toontrack and redeem your purchase with the purchased code received from the UK site?  The currency is automatically converted when you use Paypal with these sites?  

Seems saving $ 60+ is a good deal, if a trusted site overseas.
2017/08/16 14:56:37
jmasno5
I'm thinking https://www.jrrshop.com/ might have an extra discount too.  I'll wait and see.  
2017/08/16 16:52:10
mudgel
I saw a demo of the drum replacement in a PT Expert demo. Not just replacement but blend old and new and be able to select which parts of the old to keep.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account