• Software
  • Superior Drummer 3 Announced! (p.11)
2017/08/16 16:54:00
Beagle
mixmkr
Newbie question..
With the UK sites, etc...if you live in the US...  you just use your Paypal like normal? Just pay the UK site.  Then you go to Toontrack and redeem your purchase with the purchased code received from the UK site?  The currency is automatically converted when you use Paypal with these sites?  

Seems saving $ 60+ is a good deal, if a trusted site overseas.

yes.
2017/08/16 17:15:19
yorolpal
Day in and day out I use EZD2 about 80% of the time.  I love the interface and its "EZ" workflow.  I don't really use SD2 very much at all.  But after viewing several walk through and demo vids on SD3 I think it will actually replace EZD2 as my new go to.  For me, and the way I work, it looks dang good.
2017/08/16 17:47:54
TheMaartian
michaelhanson
BassDaddy
Pro Tools Expert Features Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNVB__3K0wc

SD3 appears to have the Tap To Find and the Time Line at the bottom, to drag and build tracks.  Those are two of the features that I love in EZD2, for the ease of song writing.  With those features, I could see myself no longer needing to use EZD2 at all; though I hope the expansions work with this.  At least all of the midi beats should.  

+1

I've saved a space on my desktop for the EZD2 icon just above the EZKeys icon. Now, no need for the space unless SD3 comes with a standalone launcher. With SD2 and many other VSTi's that have no standalone launcher, I use Gig Performer to run them standalone.

The best part is that I can spend the EZD2 money on the SD2 to SD3 upgrade!
2017/08/16 18:05:43
interpolated
I reckon this will be a worthy follow up to my current version which will only run as 32-bit.

2017/08/16 20:14:40
BassDaddy
mudgel
I forget exactly where, I think in FAQ on Toontrack site, that SDX and EZX are all usable in SD3. There was even mention of new graphics for the old SDX. Don't know about EZX graphics though.

SD3 feature list see 5th point from end about using both SDX and EZX.
FAQ say that new graphics for SDX. Updates in Product manager once SD3 released. I think you need SD3 to get the updated graphics.

When EZD2 came out I remember all the EZX packs had updates so the graphics were updated. The base drum kit was reworked into a new EZX pack. I expect the SDX's and the base SD2 packs to go through the same thing.
2017/08/16 20:17:27
BassDaddy
TheMaartian
michaelhanson
BassDaddy
Pro Tools Expert Features Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNVB__3K0wc

SD3 appears to have the Tap To Find and the Time Line at the bottom, to drag and build tracks.  Those are two of the features that I love in EZD2, for the ease of song writing.  With those features, I could see myself no longer needing to use EZD2 at all; though I hope the expansions work with this.  At least all of the midi beats should.  

+1

I've saved a space on my desktop for the EZD2 icon just above the EZKeys icon. Now, no need for the space unless SD3 comes with a standalone launcher. With SD2 and many other VSTi's that have no standalone launcher, I use Gig Performer to run them standalone.

The best part is that I can spend the EZD2 money on the SD2 to SD3 upgrade!

You just need the free Toontrack Solo to use SD2 in stand alone. And SD3 will have a stand alone version.
2017/08/16 20:23:39
BassDaddy
Fleer
Recorded in Mollywood. Oh yeah.

I bet you're just loving this being recorded in Belgium.
2017/08/17 09:52:39
mudgel
I don't know if it's been posted already but this link takes you to Pro Tools Expert. At the bottom of the page a 3 videos which are well worth watching.

http://www.pro-tools-expe...thing-you-need-to-know
2017/08/17 15:17:44
BassDaddy
I know this was posted before but as long as it can go next to Mike's video links I will post the Sweetwater vid again. Lots of info in it, well worth watching a few times.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlJ_SKdFdM8
2017/08/17 16:58:18
TheMaartian
TheSteven
And now - "We're recording in not only surround but height" - wow.

One thing to consider is that the higher the frequency of a sound, the more it radiates up as it moves away from the sound source. This is why, for example, you stage a choir with the highest pitched voices lower, with successively lower pitched voices standing behind and above in ranks. Look at the micing of this choir. I would have used an ORTF pair centered and back, but that's just me. And I would have positioned the choir differently.

So why could this be useful in a drum mix? I think this would give you some control over the high frequency content (from the harmonics from the cymbals, for example) that never existed before.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account