• Software
  • Superior Drummer 3 Announced! (p.2)
2017/08/13 18:17:51
paulo
It would have to be something special to tempt me as I'm pretty much covered for drums with what I already have. Hardly use SD2 now tbh. 
2017/08/13 18:47:32
bapu
paulo
It would have to be something special to tempt me as I'm pretty much covered for drums with what I already have. Hardly use SD2 now tbh. 

I have to agree paulo, but you know......
2017/08/13 18:48:34
bapu
paulo
It would have to be something special to tempt me a

Now..... song arranger ala EZD2 might just do the trick for me.
2017/08/13 18:52:51
bapu
Many a time when I find EZD2 kits to be "too processed" I will use the Song arranger in EZD2 copy the MIDI to a SD2 MIDI track, edit to taste and use a more appropriate drum kit in SD2 with multiple outs for further processing the way I like.

2017/08/13 19:00:36
paulo
I just prefer BFD3 though I am a bit of a sucker for a flashier UI like AD 1 & 2 has. 
2017/08/13 19:12:13
Glyn Barnes
bitflipper
I never joined the "where's SD3" chorus because I can't imagine what SD2 might be missing.

About the only thing on my wishlist is the ability to customize the mixer window so I don't have to scroll past all those unused channels, but I wouldn't pay a hundred bucks for that. More effects, maybe? Nah, I always route instruments to separate audio tracks, so I've got all the effects I need. More canned MIDI? Nope, never use what's already there. A sizeable UI would be nice, I guess. 

I am pretty much with you on most of that but as I do use MIDI a search function as in EZ Drummer 2 would be worthwhile addition.

I have been getting more into the groove editor of BFD3 as it provides a really useful way of working with different articulations that is easier than using drum maps in Sonar, so something along those lines would be useful. I also really like the way BFD3's map gets transferred automatically to PRV in Sonar, that would be a useful addition.

I hope they do not go down the same route as they did with EZD 2 and it will be possible to have both SD2 and 3 installed at the same time.

Upgrade price will be crucial.

2017/08/13 19:29:37
bapu
paulo
I just prefer BFD3 though I am a bit of a sucker for a flashier UI like AD 1 & 2 has. 

As myolpal says, that's what makes a horse race.

I've used BFD3 a number of times, but I still haven't entirely warmed up to its UI yet.

AD1/2 is nice. Still not my fav UI though.

EZD/EZD2 is bar far the most used since it was the first drumpler I bought after dismal results from Cake's Session Drummer, so year the UI is like being at home on a rainy day next to warm fire.

I like SD2 but I miss the look of a kit with colors etc. The kits are straight up usable.

Lately SSD4 is getting some damn nice sounds for me. What I do not like is how once you chose a "kit" there is no way to know what that kit was. Unless, I'm just crazy and can't see/find it.

Jamstix? I'm too much of a dolt to figure that one out.

Platinum Samples' Accdent is nice but they are soooooo damned slow to add to it. The recent 3rd party addition was way too overpriced to even be considered.

Komplete Ultimate 11 kits? Too much work to get multi-outs IMO, even though I did get them to work once or twice.

2017/08/13 21:20:04
vintagevibe
bapu

Lately SSD4 is getting some damn nice sounds for me. What I do not like is how once you chose a "kit" there is no way to know what that kit was. Unless, I'm just crazy and can't see/find it.

Hover you cursor over the top right corner when in the Kit Page.
2017/08/13 22:24:37
bapu
vintagevibe
bapu

Hover you cursor over the top right corner when in the Kit Page.

See? I am a dolt.
2017/08/14 12:52:17
cclarry
I hear there's a Genie at Toontrack granting wishes...
but that's just a rumor...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account