2017/09/13 12:54:12
SkootaO
Hi all,

I'm using X1 and need some advice on undoing automation.... When you read / write automation on a track it shows the envelope that you can click on, edit, delete etc. Awesome, no problem.

When you try do the same thing on the master buss you can see that it is writing an envelope, but it is grayed out, and you cant do anything to it (change the points etc). If you had to save and restart the application, how on earth to you undo or delete that automation?

Any ideas appreciated.
2017/09/13 13:10:20
Grem
I am not sure I have ever automated anything on the master buss. Does this happen on any other bus?
2017/09/13 13:12:51
Grem
Maybe click the "Automation Lanes" icon (does master buss have one?) to show the automation lanes and edit them from there?

Not by my pc so can't confirm what I am suggesting.
2017/09/13 13:45:42
SkootaO
Grem
I am not sure I have ever automated anything on the master buss. Does this happen on any other bus?

No, for some reason the master buss is different. I used it to fade in the volume on intro. worked well, but now I cant change it.
2017/09/13 13:56:33
SkootaO
Grem
Maybe click the "Automation Lanes" icon (does master buss have one?) to show the automation lanes and edit them from there?

Not by my pc so can't confirm what I am suggesting.

"Automation Lanes" icon sounds like an encouraging possibility, although i have no idea where or what that is. I will now certainly go an look for it though thanks.

Currently the automation envelope sits over the track waveform or track timeline. Would be great if it was above or underneath...
2017/09/13 14:01:26
gswitz
Shift click on the envelope to select it?
2017/09/13 14:51:09
brconflict
Was the automation on a plug-in that you later removed from the Master buss? If so, the automation envelope could be orphaned. In that case, try this:

1. Create another Master buss.
2. Drag the plug-ins from the one you currently use to the new one.
3. Map the new Master buss to your output hardware.
4. Map tracks/busses that route to the Master buss to now point to the new one.
5. Delete the old Master buss.
2017/09/14 06:57:38
SkootaO
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'll try and revert.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account