• Computers
  • Optimizing Windows 10 for Live Performance
2017/12/21 17:47:35
JeffNorman56
I am using my midi controller to play strings in a live setting. And do not want any computer interruptions or issues to rear their ugly head during the performance. I plan to set the power setting to not go to sleep and turn off my wifi to avoid notifications and possible update interruptions. Anything else that I should consider? I am also interested in any tips for optimizing win 10 for audio performance...latency etc. Thank you in advance!

ASUS gaming laptop
i7-6700HQ CPU@ 2.6GHZ
16 GB RAM
FOCUSRITE SCARLET 2i4
WIN 10 PRO
SONAR PLAT X64

2017/12/21 17:55:16
fireberd
My desktop doesn't have any problems with Sonar or DAW software applications.  The only thing I do is disable the internet when I run Sonar.  

However, I have a Dell laptop and I can't get it completely "clean" for recording so I installed a second SSD and installed Windows 10 home and Sonar (and the device drivers) nothing else.  It is "good to go" for recording and the Latency Mon program shows it has no issues.   The reason for installing the second copy of Windows/Sonar is that the Laptop is only used for on-site recordings and they are not very often.  Most of the time the laptop is used for general PC so I didn't want to start taking out or disabling everything.  I had the SSD and there was space for it in the laptop and that seemed to be the best option.
2018/01/03 10:20:48
Waccerk
Updating the program will cause some difficulties,you are not the only one 
2018/01/03 20:32:02
Starise
An interface with well written drivers for Win 10. If simply playing synths on stage latency is the big one. That and battery life of the laptop. I always try to plug mine in just to be safe.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account